Phone stuck in boot loop

IAmAndre

My mom's Moto G3 stopped working. When I turn it on, the phone gets stuck at a loading screen with the Motorola logo and a loading circle. I've tried wiping the cache then a factory reset, but I'm still getting this issue. A long press on the power button to turn off the phone results in a reboot and this loading screen again.

Another problem is that I have no idea what's the cause of this, because she just plugged it and came back some time later to see this. She also told me that the phone had been displaying a message but she hasn't read it. She only knows that it was an alter symbol and a message like "Alert Google," which is a very helpful information...

I'm surprised that the factory reset didn't do anything though. Is there anything else I can try?

I don’t have a Moto but back when I used the LG G3 as my daily driver, I experienced a boot loop as well. A change in the battery fixed it. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I don't have a Moto G3, but this might work for you. Try booting into fastboot mode and attempt to flash all factory image files onto the phone via fastboot. You can probably find the stock factory images to flash onto your specific device, along with a guide on how to flash the files with a quick search online. Here are a couple links that you might find helpful: Link 1Link 2. Remember, only flash files that match with the specific model number of the phone (not just for any Moto g3).

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

On 3/3/2019 at 1:00 AM, Airdragonz said:

I don't have a Moto G3, but this might work for you. Try booting into fastboot mode and attempt to flash all factory image files onto the phone via fastboot. You can probably find the stock factory images to flash onto your specific device, along with a guide on how to flash the files with a quick search online. Here are a couple links that you might find helpful: Link 1Link 2. Remember, only flash files that match with the specific model number of the phone (not just for any Moto g3).

So I'm trying to follow the guide you provided but I'm stuck So the first step is to unlock the bootloader but the phone didn't have USB debugging or developer options enabled. Therefore it's not even detected by ADB. Is there any way to do it from the recovery mode?

This may not work for you but it happened to me a couple of times on older devices I had. Try leave it for a while, usually works for me.

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

This may not work for you but it happened to me a couple of times on older devices I had. Try leave it for a while, usually works for me.

How long are we talking about?

4 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

So I'm trying to follow the guide you provided but I'm stuck So the first step is to unlock the bootloader but the phone didn't have USB debugging or developer options enabled. Therefore it's not even detected by ADB. Is there any way to do it from the recovery mode?

You might not need an unlocked bootloader since you're flashing official factory signed images. As long as the files are all designed to work with your specific device model and are official (signed by motorola), then the bootloader should still allow you to flash them. Fastboot does not require USB debugging to be enabled I believe. You can force enter the bootloader mode (typically with some combination of holding down the power and volume keys - just search it up). To check, plug in your device, open the command prompt window in the folder where fastboot is installed, and type "fastboot devices". If all works well, you should see your device appear as "(MODEL) device". 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

13 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

To check, plug in your device, open the command prompt window in the folder where fastboot is installed, and type "fastboot devices". If all works well, you should see your device appear as "(MODEL) device". 

I did that, but the device isn't showing up.

1 hour ago, IAmAndre said:

How long are we talking about?

That depends, usually it's half an hour and up but it depends. I'd recommend leaving it on somewhere overnight perhaps.