CPU speed problem

hello everyone,

I've two issues here, but i can't seem to find solutions for them. For starters I will say, I HATE WINDOWS 10 for it. Oké, first some more information over my PC.

It's a gaming laptop that is about 1 year and a quarter old. It's equipped with an i7 7700hq and an GTX 1060 6gb (PS. it says nowhere that it is an mobile GPU and the specs point at a version that is more equivalent to an desktop version) and it runs windows 10 1803. So now the problems:

1. The CPU is running on half the speed when on battery, which is just so annoying that I just want to remove windows 10 and install windows 7 again. The CPU has normally a speed of 2.80Ghz, but on battery is it only 1.60Ghz max, which is so slow for what i do, and the power plan is all set on maximum an the battery power bar is also set to best performance. I have tried so much already, but nothing works.
  2. I can't adjust the brightness of the screen anymore, I found 1 solution for it but i don't like it, so any solution is welcome.

Obviously is the first problem the most important one, so if anyone can help me, please. It would mean the world, because this is just .... .

So any solution is welcome. Thanks already for checking this out.

1 minute ago, lonewolf543210 said:

hello everyone,

I've two issues here, but i can't seem to find solutions for them. For starters I will say, I HATE WINDOWS 10 for it. Oké, first some more information over my PC.

It's a gaming laptop that is about 1 year and a quarter old. It's equipped with an i7 7700hq and an GTX 1060 6gb (PS. it says nowhere that it is an mobile GPU and the specs point at a version that is more equivalent to an desktop version) and it runs windows 10 1803. So now the problems:

1. The CPU is running on half the speed when on battery, which is just so annoying that I just want to remove windows 10 and install windows 7 again. The CPU has normally a speed of 2.80Ghz, but on battery is it only 1.60Ghz max, which is so slow for what i do, and the power plan is all set on maximum an the battery power bar is also set to best performance. I have tried so much already, but nothing works.
  2. I can't adjust the brightness of the screen anymore, I found 1 solution for it but i don't like it, so any solution is welcome.

Obviously is the first problem the most important one, so if anyone can help me, please. It would mean the world, because this is just .... .

So any solution is welcome. Thanks already for checking this out.

change the windows power plan

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

I already tried that, on balanced, power saving and performance. It doesn't work, i even tried adjusting the advanced settings. I did find another solution, but it would let the CPU on max all the time, and that is not supposed the be like that for a laptop, so not a good solution

small update here, I fixed the screen brightness problem. I force installed a totally different screen driver, instead of the original screen driver it is now a generic pnp display or something like that. and it works fine now. So the CPU problem is the only one left. If you know anything,l please let me know