the new gaming pc starts here

i sold my ryzen 3 and 3570k pc since i the gtx 1080 i ordered was broken on arrival. totally dead no fans spinning at all no display el zilcho. iv been issued a full refund.

so since i sold those two pcs, and i just spent a good chunk on stuff for novelty builds, i need to build a decent rig.

i will NOT buy from overseas.

the parts i have chosen so far are as follows.

Aorus B450 AORUS ELITE

Corsair CSSD-F120GBMP300 120 GB M.2 SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz

parts i want to reuse that i already own

Aerocool Integrator 700W Power Supply

Corsair Carbide SPEC Series SPEC-01

Hitachi HTS545032B9A302 1TB HDD

are the prices for the parts acceptable, the motherboard to me seem very nicely priced.

i currently own a dell oem gtx 970 which isnt up to much these days. and now i have no gtx 1080 im in dire need of a substitute.

what AMD cards exceed the capabilities of the gtx 970 without breaking over £200 UK im looking for 2nd hand via ebay UK for the gpu.

i prefer a single card solution but im not opposed to using crossfire as i can make do with a single card till i can grab the 2nd.

Why 1st gen Ryzen over 2nd gen?

RAM is too slow, you need 3000/3200Mhz speed for Ryzen.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

i have no interest in intergrated graphics and the 1600 is more than enough for any game on the market, and the price is decent, ill wait till the ryzen 7 is at a more reasonable price to upgrade in a year or so

and i just removed the other ddr4 stick for this one  Corsair CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz

2 minutes ago, fatboynate2 said:

A 1070 will certainly do 1080p at 144 Hz, but I'm not sure about 120Hz for all games at 1440p. 60Hz at least 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

A 1070 will certainly do 1080p at 144 Hz, but I'm not sure about 120Hz for all games at 1440p. 60Hz at least 

thats good enough for me, the 1440p monitor isnt my own but its one i'll use at my cousins..

i only own 3 144hz 1080p screens tho they barely do 60hz in surround on the gtx 970.

33 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

so will ryzen run on single channel @3000mhz. 

1 minute ago, fatboynate2 said:

thats good enough for me, the 1440p monitor isnt my own but its one i'll use at my cousins..

i only own 3 144hz 1080p screens tho they barely do 60hz in surround on the gtx 970.

Remember that if you can find a 1660ti for cheaper, it is essentially the same with lower power draw. Though I think you should just get the cheaper card.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

Remember that if you can find a 1660ti for cheaper, it is essentially the same with lower power draw. Though I think you should just get the cheaper card.

yeah i mean i lost out on the 1080 due to damage. but gtx 1070 should shred 60hz in surround for mmos and stuff, idk if it could do 120hz surround tho would be nice :P,

the 1660ti seems like something id never o for cause if i was going to latest gen hardware id not be going half assed, im going a £600 total spend so the mobo, cpu, ram and m.2 ssd are on amazon right now for £315.49 and then the plait gtx 1070 which i will get towards the end of the month will be £226.

so im at a total of £541.49 leaving £58.51 for anything else. most likely another 8gb ram stick