OLD EVGA X58 MOBO HELP!

Zenith.Nate

So I got a Xeon to find out without a mod to my motherboard I couldn't use this cpu. So I ordered a guaranteed comparable CPU and this time it turns on and it trys to post, but it gives no beeps and gives me error code, C1 then F6 F3 25 and holds at 25, then after about 35 seconds to a minute it will show FF but no display. I reseated memory, cleared cmos, took out battery and replaced it, reseated CPU, some of the capacitors are bent, and dented badly, and I feel like that could be the issue. Any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, Zenith.Nate said:

some of the capacitors are bent, and dented badly, and I feel like that could be the issue. Any suggestions?

Probably... Do you have photos?

What CPUs are you trying to use?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

*deleting my whole post because I just found a whole thread about how FF might actually be a normal completion code, throwing my whole troubleshooting process on that EVGA X58 board into question and making me want to dig it back out and try again to figure out why there's no display.

OP, you're using a graphics card, right?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

I put the W3570 in it which was shown as compatible on thye manufacturer website due to it having a QPI of 1. I will just send it back to owner from eBay and get my $79 back.