Oh the lag

xXbunnyXx

So question I tried to play Paladins on my newly built pc, but got massive lag as soon as I started up the game just at the log in screen it was horrible, when I actually found a lobby it was just bad.

So my question is am I experiencing such bad lag and tearing because of the refresh rate of my monitor?

I was thinking that my monitor was the problem but On my previous post, I was having problems with there being no display output through the gpu and had success when I plugged the display to the motherboard. (Recently fixed the problem by jumping the board) so could it be a gpu, monitor, or motherboard problem? Or all of the above? ?O_oo_O

sincerely 

A first time builder

2 minutes ago, xXbunnyXx said:

So question I tried to play Paladins on my newly built pc, but got massive lag as soon as I started up the game just at the log in screen it was horrible, when I actually found a lobby it was just bad.

So my question is am I experiencing such bad lag and tearing because of the refresh rate of my monitor?

I was thinking that my monitor was the problem but On my previous post, I was having problems with there being no display output through the gpu and had success when I plugged the display to the motherboard. (Recently fixed the problem by jumping the board) so could it be a gpu, monitor, or motherboard problem? Or all of the above? ?O_oo_O

sincerely 

A first time builder

well, is it plugged into the motherboard still? if so, thats your problem, you are using the intergrated graphics. 

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

9 minutes ago, TH3R34P3R said:

well, is it plugged into the motherboard still? if so, thats your problem, you are using the intergrated graphics. 

Nope it’s back in the gpu

are the video card drivers installed, or the correct ones for that matter? 

15 minutes ago, Sovek said:

are the video card drivers installed, or the correct ones for that matter? 

Well I think I’ve sort of figured out the problem. For some reason the video display works with the gpu but, my computer is not detecting the gpu. I have tried installing the new driver and older ones and it keeps saying the “Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows” I’m using windows 10 I’m not using anything older. So I have no clue what to do. 

2 minutes ago, xXbunnyXx said:

Well I think I’ve sort of figured out the problem. For some reason the video display works with the gpu but, my computer is not detecting the gpu. I have tried installing the new driver and older ones and it keeps saying the “Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows” I’m using windows 10 I’m not using anything older. So I have no clue what to do. 

Have you tried updating your windows?

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

2 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Trying that now fingers crossed ?? 

4 minutes ago, xXbunnyXx said:

Boot WIndows in to Safe Mode and Use the DDU uitily to completely nuke the Graphics drivers, then restart and proceed to reinstalling the new driver. Sometimes this is necessary as simply doing a "Clean install" from the Nvidia driver installer still leaves bits of the old driver behind and causes conflicts.

29 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Didn’t work

3 hours ago, xXbunnyXx said:

What GPU do you have? You havn't stated specs of your build so I have no idea what you're working with. Also, windows automaticly found my GPU drivers and installed them while I was still working on where to start on a new install. If it hasn't done it for you something is weird. Have you tried running HWInfo or GPU-Z?

6 hours ago, Sovek said:

What GPU do you have? You havn't stated specs of your build so I have no idea what you're working with. Also, windows automaticly found my GPU drivers and installed them while I was still working on where to start on a new install. If it hasn't done it for you something is weird. Have you tried running HWInfo or GPU-Z?

Sorry I guess I should’ve started with specs

i7 8700k

ASUS Z390-H motherboard

corsair vengeance  RGB pro ddr4 3000MHz

samsung ssd 860 evo pro

EVGA RTX 2070 

EVGA 750 G2 PSU

Coolermaster MA410P 

I guess after I updated windows there was another long one that followed afterwards. So I decided to sleep on it and check on my computer in the morning. By the time I woke up and logged back in the driver appeared on my device manager. So maybe it was the second update that I had with windows.