MacBook Pro - Looking for a dock w/ 5 ports

-ism

Hey guys,

I have two displayport monitors, a usb mouse, and a microphone, and an external usb DAC that I'd like to have connected to my macbook pro 2018. I purchased a USB-C dock that has 2 displayports and a single USB-A, but obviously my mouse, keyboard, and microphone all use USB-A so I need a USB hub that can supply power and access data to & from all of them. My keyboard is the razer huntsman elite, which has 2 USB plugs (1 for power for the dumb lights and 1 for data), so in total I need 5 ports minimum. The idea is I can just swap the USB plug between the USB-C dock and my gaming PC to swap all my peripherals with a single plug. One plug to rule them all. From what I'm reading in the Amazon reviews each product seems hit and miss compatibility wise, with people reporting their computers not communicating properly between peripherals. So if anyone has done what I am trying to do, I would appreciate some guidance. What products did you buy, did you have success?

Much thanks,

Tristan

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Are you sure the huntsmen needs both USBs? Corsair needs both only if you're connecting bia USB 2

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

23 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

So you basically want to look like this guy :

58357396_MacDongles.jpg.2c976c980558d9757c96cf161cac9bc9.jpg

Lmfao, yes

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless