Micro Stuttering and Lower FPS than expected

Auno94

Hey folks I face some Issues with my PC right now.

SPECS: Palit 8GB GTX1070 ti

Asus PRIME B350-PLUS B350

16 GB DDR4-2400Mhz

Ryzen 7 1700X

500w PSU (5 years old)

Windows runs on a SATA m.2 and most games on high performing PCIe m.2 (1 is in a pcie slot of the Board)

all drivers/Firmware are up to date. Installed windows a few weeks fresh new

2 1080p Monitors for spotify and stuff

1 1440p Monitor for the games.

To the Problem I face constant microstutter and frame drops without knowing how to fix it

AC Odyessy on Mid Preset 33-39 fps and tearing without vsync (some benchmarks for the normal 1070 give in WQHD on high an average of 50 fps

Overwatch top 70fps but framedrops and microstutter after some time playing.

Do you folks have some ideas?

Microstutters after some time sound like a memory problem, your monitors could be too much for your gpu to handle, 2 1080p monitors and a 1440 monitor 144hz could be too much, also running applications in the background could fill your memory. Try benchmarking your pc with a overlay on or use a benchmark that shows your usage after a run. 

3 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

who runs windows on sata and games on nvme? absolutly barbaric !

It's a small 120GB m.2 just for windows. :D Also I like to anoy people on the internet with it :)❤️

One thing to test to fix the Microstutters is your "Standby List"
Just google for "Intelligent Standby List Cleaner" and u should find several threads + download for the Program.

Windows 10 has some issues (not for all Users) that the Standby List does not get properly cleared and therefore your RAM might running full (which leads to Microstutters cause of File/RAM swapping).

I have the same Issue in Apex Legends and this helped me to mostly resolve any Microstutters.

Your General low FPS is a different Story, in my eyes you should definetly should have higher FPS.

As Aaradorn stated, try use MSI Afterburner and see if your GPU is not able to get a stable high clock..

22 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

who runs windows on sata and games on nvme? absolutly barbaric !

Windows Barely has any noticeable difference between boot times from SATA and NVME. Its hard to compare a 3 year old Install vs a fresh install, but if you compare a Fresh install vs fresh install, it would be pretty hard to tell the difference 

49 minutes ago, Auno94 said:

Hey folks I face some Issues with my PC right now.

SPECS: Palit 8GB GTX1070 ti

Asus PRIME B350-PLUS B350

16 GB DDR4-2400Mhz

Ryzen 7 1700X

500w PSU (5 years old)

Windows runs on a SATA m.2 and most games on high performing PCIe m.2 (1 is in a pcie slot of the Board)

all drivers/Firmware are up to date. Installed windows a few weeks fresh new

2 1080p Monitors for spotify and stuff

1 1440p Monitor for the games.

To the Problem I face constant microstutter and frame drops without knowing how to fix it

AC Odyessy on Mid Preset 33-39 fps and tearing without vsync (some benchmarks for the normal 1070 give in WQHD on high an average of 50 fps

Overwatch top 70fps but framedrops and microstutter after some time playing.

Do you folks have some ideas?

You have 2 issues that i see, Ryzen Requires at least 3000 mhz ram to run at the best possible settings due to the Infinity Fabric, and Two You may want to upgrade that PSU, it could be causing Power issues for the 1070ti and it is potentally downclocking itself due to power limitations

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Ryzen Requires at least 3000 mhz ram to run at the best possible settings due to the Infinity Fabric, 

no, slow rams wont cause shutters, especially for a 16t 1700x.

54 minutes ago, Auno94 said:

AC Odyessy on Mid Preset 33-39

looks like graphics issue to me, on 1440p looks low

4 hours ago, Shimejii said:

You have 2 issues that i see, Ryzen Requires at least 3000 mhz ram to run at the best possible settings due to the Infinity Fabric, and Two You may want to upgrade that PSU, it could be causing Power issues for the 1070ti and it is potentally downclocking itself due to power limitations

Thanks,

and everbody else here.

Getting a new PSU (850W) this evening and a little bit more RAM I will inform you how it works after the changes ❤️