Planning to build PC for friend on trip to USA

Faicorf

As the title says.

He is on a bit of a small budget so put this together for him, would this be decent enough to play some more modern games as his old build is now getting to the point where it does not meet minimum specs of recent games.

Link to build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4mnVzY

A good 80$ cheaper and will perform MUCH better:

EDIT: Dunno why a 5200 2TB blue showed up in the previous list, should be a 7200 2TB barracuda 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

you could also go for an R5 1500x or an R5 2400G for a little bit less with it still being a quadcore.

2 minutes ago, Exzsys said:

you could also go for an R5 1500x or an R5 2400G for a little bit less with it still being a quadcore.

I'm sorry, but I don't see why youd do either of those

The 1500x would be totally redundant as the price of the 2600 completely blows it out of the water, then the 2400g would obliterate graphics performance compared to the 580

Then for both processors, you drop two cores

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

14 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Since I see you are from Canada, and so is he, it might be worth asking you this question. The parts will be bought and assembled in the states, is there anything he needs to be aware of when bringing the finished build back across the border?

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I'm sorry, but I don't see why youd do either of those

The 1500x would be totally redundant as the price of the 2600 completely blows it out of the water, then the 2400g would obliterate graphics performance compared to the 580

Then for both processors, you drop two cores

I was simply offering a cheaper option, since gaming really only requires 4 cores you could save some money.

2 minutes ago, Faicorf said:

Since I see you are from Canada, and so is he, it might be worth asking you this question. The parts will be bought and assembled in the states, is there anything he needs to be aware of when bringing the finished build back across the border?

I'm not super familiar with the situation, but I'd look into how warranty works in that type of case

Warranty might become redundant after transporting to another country- I could be talking out of my ass but that's something I'd definitely look into.

2 minutes ago, Exzsys said:

I was simply offering a cheaper option, since gaming really only requires 4 cores you could save some money.

While thats true, buy cheap buy twice

And the 1500x is literally on the same point for price as the 2600, so theres really no reason to sacrifice 2 cores just to save maybe 10$

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I'm not super familiar with the situation, but I'd look into how warranty works in that type of case

Warranty might become redundant after transporting to another country- I could be talking out of my ass but that's something I'd definitely look into.

I don't think he is bothered too much about warranty, just more about having to pay duty and such. I think we are going to go with the build you suggested so thanks very much for that =]

2 minutes ago, Faicorf said:

I don't think he is bothered too much about warranty, just more about having to pay duty and such. I think we are going to go with the build you suggested so thanks very much for that =]

Oh gotcha.

I believe you can cross the border with up to 800$ CAD worth of items, this pc would be around 990$, so you'd have to pay taxes and such for it, yeah.

2 hours ago, Exzsys said:

Depends on the game, I see plenty of my own games now that work FAR better on 6 cores vs 4 cores.  Intel has had 8 threads available to game engines for some time and now that AMD's dropped the 8-core+ hammer, some game engines will drive on as many cores as you can feed them.  Especially with high-refresh rate monitors, my BFV FPS went ham when I went from an Intel quad core to the i5-9600k full 6 core, it required more CPU than my Sandy Bridge could give.