radeon tm 530 for autocad revit

Knightdroid250

specs laptop:

i5 7200u

4gb ram will upgrade to 8gb ram

radeon tm 530 graphics card

Hdd

will i be able to use autocad revit for 3d in collage architecture? im not looking for the best but just enough for an optimal performance to get the job done.Thanks

32 minutes ago, Knightdroid250 said:

specs laptop:

i5 7200u

4gb ram will upgrade to 8gb ram

radeon tm 530 graphics card

Hdd

will i be able to use autocad revit for 3d in collage architecture? im not looking for the best but just enough for an optimal performance to get the job done.Thanks

8GB of RAM would be essential as a starting point.  You'll get some acceleration out of the Radeon 530 though it won't be tons.  I know typically AutoCAD products typically tend to favour NVIDIA cards but should still work fine as it is using DirectX for rendering.  That being said, you're more likely to be CPU bound as it's a 2 core CPU.  If the models aren't too large or complex it will likely be ok, but it really is going to depend from model to model.

There are also a few benchmarking options that you can try suggested by Autodesk support from their forums here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/benchmarking-revit-anyone-here-use-rfo-benchmark/td-p/7639574

6 hours ago, Livin said:

8GB of RAM would be essential as a starting point.  You'll get some acceleration out of the Radeon 530 though it won't be tons.  I know typically AutoCAD products typically tend to favour NVIDIA cards but should still work fine as it is using DirectX for rendering.  That being said, you're more likely to be CPU bound as it's a 2 core CPU.  If the models aren't too large or complex it will likely be ok, but it really is going to depend from model to model.

There are also a few benchmarking options that you can try suggested by Autodesk support from their forums here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/benchmarking-revit-anyone-here-use-rfo-benchmark/td-p/7639574

Really useful benchmarking tool though the problem is I dont own the laptop and still thinking on buying it.

6 hours ago, Knightdroid250 said:

Really useful benchmarking tool though the problem is I dont own the laptop and still thinking on buying it.

If you haven't bought yet it would be well worth looking for an 8th gen i5 platform, the extra 2 cores would be useful. It will have a higher turbo frequency as well for extra single thread performance.