CPU Cooling question

Go to solution Solved by Earnist_,
Just now, bobbobobobo said:

I am currently building my first pc and i came across a problem with the CPU cooling and i think this may be because the cooler i'm using(Kraken x72) needs a 10 pin connector to plug into on my motherboard (asus maximus xi hero wifi) but there are none left for me to use because i have used up all of the one at the bottom for front panel usb's and the on button. If anyone could help and come up with a solution that would be really helpful

buy a splitter so you can plug it in or youll need a new cooler if your current temps are bad from that not being plugged in

I am currently building my first pc and i came across a problem with the CPU cooling and i think this may be because the cooler i'm using(Kraken x72) needs a 10 pin connector to plug into on my motherboard (asus maximus xi hero wifi) but there are none left for me to use because i have used up all of the one at the bottom for front panel usb's and the on button. If anyone could help and come up with a solution that would be really helpful

Just now, bobbobobobo said:

buy a splitter so you can plug it in or youll need a new cooler if your current temps are bad from that not being plugged in

1 minute ago, Earnist_ said:

ok thank you

As mentioned, you can use a splitter such as NZXT's Internal USB Hub or as I did, use a bare-bones solution such as USB 2.0 10-Pin Header Internal USB Hub 4-Port Splitter.

..youll need a new cooler if your current temps are bad from that not being plugged in

That's simply a nonsense suggestion! Even with the cable unplugged, you'll get reasonable/adequate default cooling from your Kraken X72. You won't be able to control the cooler's RGB, see the coolant temperature or adjust the fans via CAM without the USB connection.