HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP MSI CX420 Not Booting into Windows

Hello. I have an MSI CX420 that I got from my friend. When I try to turn it on, it shows up the MSI Logo then pauses for a cursor loading screen then the whole thing just turns off. I tried to open the BIOS and restore default settings but nothing happened. Btw, it can open on BIOS but anything further than that it just turns off. I tried plugging in USB Windows Media and same result. Rarely, it'll show the Windows Logo before suddenly turning off. How can I fix this? Thank You.

You probably already did and it doesnt sound like it but check boot device config in the bios.

Clear CMOS

Is the MB installed in a case? Maybe you have a shorted circuit somewhere. Try to start it on the MB box as a test bench.

Maybe it is power related. What PSU do you use? Are the Power Cables all inserted correctly? 

On boot the CPU usually is boosting and maybe your power delivery is not keeping up. 

Yeah I've already checked the Boot Device Config and set the HDD at first and I also tried to remove the battery to clear the CMOS

This is a laptop tho and I'm having difficulty removing the MB from the chassis. I've removed the battery (because it's broken due to old age) then used about 3 different Power cables (so I think it isn't power related)

However, I've felt that the laptop got so much hotter in the first few seconds after turning on so I'm suspecting it's an overheat of some sort but I'm not sure since I'm just touching the heatsink and I think this is hotter than it should be on boot. I'm also suspecting short circuit but don't know how to address it.

Didn't even realise we are talking about a laptop :D

Things heating up fast is normal (we are talking copper here, it is chosen for it high heat transmission and low capacity).

Something that sounds dumb but maybe helps: take a hairdryer or a heat gun and hold it on the cpu and gpu for a few seconds (after removing the heat sink) and apply new thermal compound. And if you can (i dont know the internals) maybe swap the hdd drive bay if you have a second one.

What is an alternative to heat gun or hairdryer? The processor (i3-220M) is removable tho. I tried to swap the HDD drive bay with another HDD already and got the same results so Software (on the OS part) might not be the problem so yeah this is clearly a hardware one.

Alternatively you could remove all thermoplastics and put the mainboard into an oven (i don't know the recommended time and temp) but that is a really brute force desperation attempt. But if it is not working anyways it might be worth the try. I used the hairdryer method to get an extra 6 month of use out of a friends laptop with GPU failure.  

Maybe try to make a really light wight Linux USB boot device and check that.