AMD Motherboard lanes and cpu lanes.... I think I'm in trouble

I have an unusual situation.  I need to run 3 - 8x SIL3124 eSata raid cards and a 16 X graphics card on what ever motherboard I try to buy.

I also want an M.2 22110 Nvme as a boot disk.  This will be running a very large archive of 56 disks.  I am being told that only a thread ripper 

will do what I want.   But, as my old sabertooth died, I'm in a money crunch.  The sabertooth 990 fx had 38 lanes.  It finally died.......

I was given a Ryzen 5 2600X.....  It looks like this won't do it.

I am looking for suggestions for an inexpensive, but not cheap solution.  Trying to find information on Motherboard lanes and AMD cpu 

lanes has been frustrating.  

And here is another question......  What happens if I exceed the available number of lanes?  Just a bottleneck or worse?  Google has not been 

much help.

I did read the related topics on the forum.  I didn't find what I needed.  Thanks in Advance....

Joe

Ryzen CPUs have 24 PCIe 3.0 lanes which are split the following

• 16x for GPU on B350/B450 boards, 16x or 8x/8x on X370/X470 boards
  • 4x for a dedicated NVMe slot
  • 4x for a chipset connection which also has
    • 8 PCIe 2.0 lanes which is used for 1x slots

Ryzen Threadripper CPUs have 64 PCIe 3.0 lanes of which 4 lanes are dedicated to the chipset and rest distributed between the various 16x/8x slots and NVMe ports.

Thank you Zagna.  I'm going to have to go with a 16 core Threadripper.  There just isn't anything else I can do.  But, The wife just said I could put it on my credit card........  Here we go again.  

23 hours ago, Joegilliam said:

I have an unusual situation.  I need to run 3 - 8x SIL3124 eSata raid cards and a 16 X graphics card on what ever motherboard I try to buy.

Why do you need such an old thing?!

According to my research, that looks like an old PCI thing. 

OK, PCI-X to be precise...

And only S-ATA2...

Have you experimented with something like this??

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/SATA-M-R-ng-Th-1-5-C-ng-SATA3-0-i-u-Khi-n-Th/32899742104.html

To my knowledge AMD should support SATA Extender.

I also want an M.2 22110 Nvme as a boot disk.  This will be running a very large archive of 56 disks.  I am being told that only a thread ripper will do what I want.   But, as my old sabertooth died, I'm in a money crunch.  The sabertooth 990 fx had 38 lanes.  It finally died.......

That isn't really an issue, you "just" need to find the right board.

For example those boards are said to support a 22110 M.2 Drive:

https://geizhals.de/?cat=mbam4&xf=317_X470~7221_22110

I was given a Ryzen 5 2600X.....  It looks like this won't do it.

Wich has 32 lanes but only 24 of them usable due to socket limitations and 4 of them for the chipset (but also the chipset also has some form of PCIe switch)...

Seems like you might want to look into waht Linus did with one of his multi thing setups and use external PCI things with a Switch on it...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"