4 Monitor 4 Computer Setup

I want to build a setup with 4 monitors that can be used (in a 2x2 arrangement) as one big screen for watching movies and whatnot, but then separated into 4 separate systems to game on with four keyboard/mouse setups. I was thinking of using four separate PCs, but I am open to using one and setting up virtual machines. All four screens will be 4k, so what graphics card/s would I need to run the system on one PC? Additionally, what software is there for setting up virtual machines (preferably free/one time payment, no subscriptions).

2 minutes ago, Bass Player said:

I want to build a setup with 4 monitors that can be used (in a 2x2 arrangement) as one big screen for watching movies and whatnot, but then separated into 4 separate systems to game on with four keyboard/mouse setups. I was thinking of using four separate PCs, but I am open to using one and setting up virtual machines. All four screens will be 4k, so what graphics card/s would I need to run the system on one PC? Additionally, what software is there for setting up virtual machines (preferably free/one time payment, no subscriptions).

Virtualbox is the way to go but idk if you could configure different GPUs and what-not.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)