Buy now or wait for new ryzen cpu's ?

Hey guys, still not sure about upgrading my good old i7 2600k @4.8. I am very hyped about upcoming ryzen cpu's , but even current ones are priced extremely good. R7 1700 can be found for 150eur new and r7 2700 can be found for 220eur. That's insanely good value. I have 1080 TI and 4k monitor at gaming my cpu's at that resolution doesn't hold gpu at all, but i am not only gaming. I am also editing photos and videos from my fuji mirrorless. So yeah, i am not sure, should i wait a bit longer for upcoming 12 core 24 threads ryzen cpu which most likely will be cheaper than 9700k or should i go for current ones and buy some fast low latency ram ? what do you think guys? i am not in rush.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

we don't know exactly what to expect, but with those kind of deals, why not invest in a 1700 right now with a good motherboard and upgrade to it?

damn i haven't thought about it, indeed i could get good x470 + fast low latency ram and cheap 1700 and just upgrade to upcoming 3700 or whatever it will be called. Thanks for idea!

3 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

damn i haven't thought about it, indeed i could get good x470 + fast low latency ram and cheap 1700 and just upgrade to upcoming 3700 or whatever it will be called. Thanks for idea!

you're welcome. a b450 would do too, but the better vrms on a x470 won't hurt

8 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

Gets rams rated at 3000-3200mhz. Ryzen loves fast ram!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Gets rams rated at 3000-3200mhz. Ryzen loves fast ram!

is 3200mhz CL14 considered as low latency ? or there is specific parameter i should consider when picking "Low latency" ram kit?

Just now, Tadziunia said:

is 3200mhz CL14 considered as low latency ? or there is specific parameter i should consider when picking "Low latency" ram kit?

Im running 3200mhz C16 w/ 2700x clocked at 4.15Ghz. Works perfectly fine.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

5 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

cl14 is normally samsung B (partly or fully)

it's good, but really expensive. 3000 cl16 will do

You seem to be in the same boat as me. My plan is to buy everything top tier, then flip the CPU (2700x) when the 3000 ones come out. Then eventually when the better AMD gpu's come out, I'll flip that as well (Radeon VII). Hopefully this link works: https://secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/SharedWishlistDetail?ID=zRyPrU2BEI7VHtjYjbaXlg%3d%3d&&cm_mmc=snc-email-_-sr-_-wishlist-zRyPrU2BEI7VHtjYjbaXlg%3d%3d-_-02/19/2019

The reason I went with the MB I did is because it has 10Gb Ethernet, which I'd like to use when I build a NAS. Otherwise, you could find a cheaper x470 motherboard.

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

You seem to be in the same boat as me. My plan is to buy everything top tier, then flip the CPU (2700x) when the 3000 ones come out. Then eventually when the better AMD gpu's come out, I'll flip that as well (Radeon VII). Hopefully this link works: https://secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/SharedWishlistDetail?ID=zRyPrU2BEI7VHtjYjbaXlg%3d%3d&&cm_mmc=snc-email-_-sr-_-wishlist-zRyPrU2BEI7VHtjYjbaXlg%3d%3d-_-02/19/2019

The reason I went with the MB I did is because it has 10Gb Ethernet, which I'd like to use when I build a NAS. Otherwise, you could find a cheaper x470 motherboard.

that's some baller hardware you got there... you could do much cheaper, but this is about what i meant

2 hours ago, Tadziunia said:

You need to get a good supported Board, wich means that it should be sold very well.

PCIe 4.0 is something you should forget about, that probably isn't possible...

But I hope that all Boards get a BIOS Update...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's some baller hardware you got there... you could do much cheaper, but this is about what i meant

lol thanks. I also have a Corsair RM1000x already to power it. Since I won't be able to upgrade as soon as the new stuff drops, I'd at least like to have a really nice time while I wait. Besides that, I can't edit 4k RAW on my current PC, so yeah.