should I put new thermal past on my cpu

Anime_gxd
Go to solution Solved by ch3w2oy,

I agree. Replace the paste. I would use something good like Kryonaut since your using a mini itx case. 

so um this isn’t a new build but i changed the gpu and hdd to a ssd and now I’m going to put my existing hardware in a new case so it would be kinda like a new build and I was wondering should I put new thermal past on my cpu since I’ve had the same cooler/ thermal past for about a yr now and I’m wondering if it will help my thermal go down a bit because my new case is going to be mini itx and it’s really compact

so should I put new  thermal paste to my cpu to lower the temps

side note- the paste I was using was stock pre applied past on my Ryzen stealth 

If you remove the cooler, I recommend putting fresh paste on to avoid air bubbles.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I can't understand your post, it is so messy. I will just try to answer the question in your title instead.

The reason for changing thermal paste in a nutshell:

Overheating problems due to aging

Applying a paste with higher thermal conductivity

No signature found

11 minutes ago, Anime_gxd said:

I was using was stock pre applied past on my Ryzen stealth 

depends on how messy & dirty your old paste is, for paste soft enough like from amd stock cooler, you can push  all paste to middle and reuse it

Only if you replace it with something better obviously. Don't get that 1 dollar tube from aliexpress, invest in something good as suggested above.

No signature found

2 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

Don't get that 1 dollar tube from aliexpress,

well there are also good & cheap paste though, may be op just have no extra paste on hand

(btw I got 2x 25ml of okay paste for ~$0.3 lol)

That kind of paste is indeed used for electronics. I use them in my DIY amplifiers, but they are not in the league of stock thermal paste of the PC-world mostly.

No signature found