Galaxy S8 vs S9

StarboyXO

I've been using the galaxy s8 for a while now. After using it for 1.5 years it still felt so sexy and beautiful with such a futuristic design and top notch display!

But recently my s8 fell on the floor and the front glass of the display broke. The oled display itself was fine but the using experience was not the same now. So i replaced it with the regular galaxy s9.

I wasn't expecting any significant difference in the s9 after coming from the s8 but there are little things which made my experience a whole lot better !

The biggest improvement right of the box is that fingerprint scanner, It now opens more quick and the placement is some what better. The speakers in my opinion are 10x better than what I was using in the S8!

With the new snapdragon 845

I see some improvements in performance. Ram managment seems better !

In the camera model, The only thing that impresses me is the 1080p 240fps slomo 

Changeable aperture is a cool feature but I might not use and leave the default aperture as is.

The rest of the stuff is totally identical to the S8! 

Now if someone owns an s7 edge or an older Samsung phone! I'll recommend them to find a used galaxy s9 for a good price !

And to people who own the s8 already need to do nothing because your still holding a futuristic flagship device ! 

I have to say that the camera on both the s8/9 is astounding. Friends of mine have both and it blows my Pixel XL out of the water... I might just have to upgrade.

I just can't justify spending $1000+ on a new phone when mine does the job, but i'll get there eventually and the S9 is highly on my list.

1 minute ago, Netivity said:

I have to say that the camera on both the s8/9 is astounding. Friends of mine have both and it blows my Pixel XL out of the water... I might just have to upgrade.

I just can't justify spending $1000+ on a new phone when mine does the job, but i'll get there eventually and the S9 is highly on my list.

If you're the guy who prefers stock android then you should go for the regular pixel 3 or maybe a used pixel 2xl 

Because I've heard high praise for the new pixel phone cameras and also the stock software 

But if you've gotten bored with it then don't hesitate to buy the s9! You'll be so happy. Just keep in mind these new Samsung devices are VERY FRAGILE so buy a book pouch or a glass protector atleast

1 minute ago, StarboyXO said:

If you're the guy who prefers stock android then you should go for the regular pixel 3 or maybe a used pixel 2xl 

Because I've heard high praise for the new pixel phone cameras and also the stock software 

But if you've gotten bored with it then don't hesitate to buy the s9! You'll be so happy. Just keep in mind these new Samsung devices are VERY FRAGILE so buy a book pouch or a glass protector atleast

I have always purchased otterbox cases for all my phones and never had complaints.

I'm not sure which phone to buy yet, but when the time comes i'll do some more research as phones just keep getting released regularly.

Thanks for your input.

1 minute ago, Hip said:

Since you're from Pakistan why not buy Xiaomi Mi 8?

Phones in Pakistan are sold very expensive due to tax and duty. For example 

And specially after the significant drop In pakistani rupee or should i say increase in US $ for us 

From $1 = 101 pkr n early 2017 to $1 = almost 140 PKR 

This makes all phone prices higher.

And for such higher prices I don't buy Xiaomi 

Pocophone costed 30,000 rupee if it launched in early 2017 but it's sold for 50,000 right now

Just now, StarboyXO said:

Phones in Pakistan are sold very expensive due to tax and duty. For example 

And specially after the significant drop In pakistani rupee or should i say increase in US $ for us 

From $1 = 101 pkr n early 2017 to $1 = almost 140 PKR 

This makes all phone prices higher.

And for such higher prices I don't buy Xiaomi 

Pocophone costed 30,000 rupee if it launched in early 2017 but it's sold for 50,000 right now

That's expensive! And not worth all that money. 

12 hours ago, Hip said:

That's expensive! And not worth all that money. 

Yes so instead of even buying these Samsung flagships from Pakistan, I arrange them from Dubai. It costs like about $100 less than Pakistan. I can't claim the warranty here in that case but that's not an issue because there's not much to claim from the new Samsung phone and even if i have to claim, I can send it back to my friend in dubai