Cpu Random Clock Spikes

Go to solution Solved by ABBA1998,
4 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Intel started using the more useful Tjunction temperature when they transitioned to the Core series.

Right it makes sence i was wondering why the changed that on the specs of newer Cpu sheets.

Thank you @BobVonBob for the sudjestion it seems the HWmonitor was the problem in this case, the mobo and the cpu run fine tuned.

Ok more odd things are going on with my stystem......

So i had some monitioring issues using HWmonitor(up-to-date) i saw the fan speeds were not accurate (while messing with SpeedFan setup)... not the first time i see wierd stuff i though it was a mobo issue so i check for BIOS versions which i' ve never done before and to no one's surprise i was running 4 years behind date... So reflashed my Bios works perfect and i  unlocked "new OC" abilities which totally screwed me up.. I had my Cpu running at 3.19 Ghz and 1.33V which is an ok point for my system solid stability with just good enough temps. But with the new Bios the clock randomly jumps to 3.7Ghz (according to Hwmonitors max value) which spikes the temps as well...

Problem is i cannot tell if Hwmonitor is reliable anymore cause while stress testing with Prime95 the clocks "current" value is indeed locked to 3.19Ghz with the temps I had before so i never see it hitting 3.7 and i don't know what's messing me up... 

I have "Cpu spread spectrum" turned off on the Bios and eveything else is set on Auto exept from voltage and Core speed... 

Also SpeedFan Cpu temp reading is always 10c lower than Hwmonitor and i can't seem to know which is the accurate one at this point so that leads me to believe that HW could be having issues which could explain the 3.7Ghz (being fault??) I don't even know anymore...

Also also, I've got screenshots of (while running Prime) and after a random point (with no cpu load) where the clock hits record values...

My mobo is an Asus P5e with a core 2 quad 6700...

Does anyone have an idea what Bios setting i haven't set correctly?

Stress_test.png

Random_Spikes.png

Try HWiNFO64. If nothing else, 65C is still a more than acceptable temperature for your CPU.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

Try HWiNFO64. If nothing else, 65C is still a more than acceptable temperature for your CPU.

Ok after a lot of testing with Hwinfo it seems like everything looks fine (same with SpeedFan) but that's wierd cause i though that Hwmonitor is reliable and i've been using it to oc but seems i'm actually running 10c coller period.

And i've got a questiong about the Cpu temp... according to Intel the Tcase(package) is 62.2c max.. but according to forums and HwInfo it can safely run up to 71c? Then what is the 62C on intel's site? 

14 minutes ago, ABBA1998 said:

Ok after a lot of testing with Hwinfo it seems like everything looks fine (same with SpeedFan) but that's wierd cause i though that Hwmonitor is reliable and i've been using it to oc but seems i'm actually running 10c coller period.

And i've got a questiong about the Cpu temp... according to Intel the Tcase(package) is 62.2c max.. but according to forums and HwInfo it can safely run up to 71c? Then what is the 62C on intel's site? 

Tcase is the max temperature of the heat spreader on the chip. That's usually going to be about 5C lower than the temperature reading from the sensors on the chip. Intel started using the more useful Tjunction temperature when they transitioned to the Core series.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

4 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Intel started using the more useful Tjunction temperature when they transitioned to the Core series.

Right it makes sence i was wondering why the changed that on the specs of newer Cpu sheets.

Thank you @BobVonBob for the sudjestion it seems the HWmonitor was the problem in this case, the mobo and the cpu run fine tuned.