Build For My Brother.

epikgamerwmp

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kmsyNQ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kmsyNQ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£67.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£79.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Kingston - ValueRAM 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.40 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 770 2 GB DirectCU II  Video Card  (£169.99) 
Total: £352.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-18 12:54 GMT+0000

are there any changes that you would make. I know that some parts are missing.

What are these for?

4 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kmsyNQ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kmsyNQ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£67.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Kingston - ValueRAM 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.40 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 770 2 GB DirectCU II  Video Card  (£169.99) 
Total: £352.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-18 12:54 GMT+0000

are there any changes that you would make. I know that some parts are missing.

This is a farily dated sytem.  I don't know what intentions you have with it.  I can only give you one big advice and that is get a SSD ...... or else its going to be a really slow system.  The SSD will give it life and get rid of bottleneck.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

This is a farily dated sytem.  I don't know what intentions you have with it.  I can only give you one big advice and that is get a SSD ...... or else its going to be a really slow system.  The SSD will give it life and get rid of bottleneck.

The only point of the system is so that he stops asking to use mine. Also, personalty, I don't think that hard drives are that slow, I don't have an SSD in my build.

What are these for?

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I would also recommend going for a Ryzen 3 2200G over the 1200 as it will only be like an extra £20.

I would also conisder upgrading your RAM to atleast 2600Mhz as Ryzen works better with faster memory.

Just now, Unimatrix274 said:

I would also recommend going for a Ryzen 3 2200G over the 1200 as it will only be like an extra £20.

I would also conisder upgrading your RAM to atleast 2600Mhz as Ryzen works better with faster memory.

The 2133MHz RAM is cause it is just lying around from before I upgraded to 16GB.

What are these for?

The only point of the system is so that he stops asking to use mine. Also, personalty, I don't think that hard drives are that slow, I don't have an SSD in my build.

Dude, my friend please please listen to me.  Spend 80 bucks and get a 240GB SSD.  Don't say hard drive isnt slow.  I remember when I had my Core 2 Quad and when I put the SSD in gave the system new life and sh*T loaded soo fast,, apps launch instantly , no hard drive thrashing.  Your making a big mistake not putting a SSD in there.  It is not that expensive ya know.  Or else it doesnt matter what CPU you have or RAM ,, your gonna have a big bottleneck with a crummy hard disk drive and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Dude, my friend please please listen to me.  Spend 80 bucks and get a 240GB SSD.  Don't say hard drive isnt slow.  I remember when I had my Core 2 Quad and when I put the SSD in gave the system new life and sh*T loaded soo fast,, apps launch instantly , no hard drive thrashing.  Your making a big mistake not putting a SSD in there.  It is not that expensive ya know.  Or else it doesnt matter what CPU you have or RAM ,, your gonna have a big bottleneck with a crummy hard disk drive and what not.

I'm not the one paying for this, my brother is and he does not want to spend that much.

I might get him one later down the line.

Edited by epikgamerwmp
More info.

What are these for?

The 2133MHz RAM is cause it is just lying around from before I upgraded to 16GB.

Personally i would just get new memory rather than using slower memory that's just kicking about. Even if you just started with a new 8GB Kit.

I'd also agree with @Turtle Rig and get an SSD. Couped with an HDD It's worth it for the long run.

1 minute ago, Unimatrix274 said:

Personally i would just get new memory rather than using slower memory that's just kicking about. Even if you just started with a new 8GB Kit.

I'd also agree with @Turtle Rig and get an SSD. Couped with an HDD It's worth it for the long run.

My plan is that because he has never had a decent computer, he wont notice some small sacrifices with the system performance.

What are these for?

3 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

My plan is that because he has never had a decent computer, he wont notice some small sacrifices with the system performance.

Also, I am going to change the GTX 770 cause I just found out how muck power it draws.

What are these for?

Here is an updated parts list.

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/D6sC9J
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/D6sC9J/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£86.75 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: Kingston - FURY 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (£58.80 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £260.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-18 13:26 GMT+0000

What are these for?

39 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/D6sC9J/by_merchant/

What PSU are you using?

I'd also look into something like an RX 570 as an alternative graphics card.

1 hour ago, epikgamerwmp said:

This might be enough for a year or so, but after that you should definitely throw a gpu in there.

Also please spent £20 to get a 120gig ssd at least and put the OS on it (its like heaven, even if the games launch from a HDD)

38 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

This might be enough for a year or so, but after that you should definitely throw a gpu in there.

Also please spent £20 to get a 120gig ssd at least and put the OS on it (its like heaven, even if the games launch from a HDD)

I added an SSD to the list just after I posted that.

What are these for?

1 hour ago, Unimatrix274 said:

What PSU are you using?

I'd also look into something like an RX 570 as an alternative graphics card.

Not decided on the PSU yet cause I don't know how much power it will draw.

What are these for?

8 hours ago, epikgamerwmp said:

I'm not the one paying for this, my brother is and he does not want to spend that much.

How much is your brother willing to spend?

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

11 hours ago, xKyric said:

How much is your brother willing to spend?

9thats the problem, he wants me to build him a PC but he won't tell me how much he is willing to spend.

What are these for?

Just now, epikgamerwmp said:

9thats the problem, he wants me to build him a PC but he won't tell me how much he is willing to spend.

Then tell him you're not building it until you have a budget.