Question about fresh windows 10 install

DotoreN
Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,
11 minutes ago, DotoreN said:

I'm planning to do a clean install of windows 10 on my current windows 7 PC.

I already backed up everything so I want everything to be wiped clean. My PC consists of 2 SSD's and 2 HDD's (all of them being completely full).

When I install windows 10 from my USB it asks me to format or delete the partitions, can I just delete everything except the SSD I want windows 10 on? or should I format every drive and then select the SSD I want windows 10 on?
If I delete everything except the SSD, will windows still recognize my other harddrives?

Advice is appreciated.

unplug all other drives before installing windows, that way u cant make mistakes, delete all partitions, select the unallocated space, click next/install

I already backed up everything so I want everything to be wiped clean. My PC consists of 2 SSD's and 2 HDD's (all of them being completely full).

When I install windows 10 from my USB it asks me to format or delete the partitions, can I just delete everything except the SSD I want windows 10 on? or should I format every drive and then select the SSD I want windows 10 on?
If I delete everything except the SSD, will windows still recognize my other harddrives?

Advice is appreciated.

yes windows will still detect the other drives. 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

2 minutes ago, DotoreN said:

Advice is appreciated.

i would suggest just formatting every drive if u want to clean each one, deleting a drive and not activating it in the installer can leave a drive that windows will detect in drive manager but not in " my computer "

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

3 minutes ago, vESP said:

i would suggest just formatting every drive if u want to clean each one, deleting a drive and not activating it in the installer can leave a drive that windows will detect in drive manager but not in " my computer "

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll just format all drives then instead of deleting them and select the SSD I want windows 10 on then. I assume i'll end up with windows 10 on the ssd and rest of the drives completely empty then but still show up in my computer.

Just now, DotoreN said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll just format all drives then instead of deleting them and select the SSD I want windows 10 on then. I assume i'll end up with windows 10 on the ssd and rest of the drives completely empty then but still show up in my computer.

yes exactly. if u have a issue let me know. 

11 minutes ago, DotoreN said:

Advice is appreciated.

unplug all other drives before installing windows, that way u cant make mistakes, delete all partitions, select the unallocated space, click next/install

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

1 hour ago, vESP said:

yes exactly. if u have a issue let me know. 

One last question, below is my current setup where my C(disk0) is the bootdrive.

Why does my disk1 have system reserved partition that I cannot delete?

9K2AhfJ.png

8 minutes ago, DotoreN said:

One last question, below is my current setup where my C(disk0) is the bootdrive.

9K2AhfJ.png

im not to sure 

59 minutes ago, DotoreN said:

did you actually unplug all other drives before installing windows on the ssd? if not thats why. If you did, I don't believe you (unless it was already there prior to installation).