Need Help

Dentash

I was given a asus b360m-a but the guy that owned it last did not remove the USB3 front panel cable right so the end of the cable broke off and is in the socket so I can not put a new one in I have tried removing this piece but it will not come out and I feel like I am going to damage the board if I pull on it any harder does any one know a trick to remove it.

is the base still attached? that should be all you need to remove it. If you add a picture it might help show what we're dealing with

6 minutes ago, Dentash said:

I was given a asus b360m-a but the guy that owned it last did not remove the USB3 front panel cable right so the end of the cable broke off and is in the socket so I can not put a new one in I have tried removing this piece but it will not come out and I feel like I am going to damage the board if I pull on it any harder does any one know a trick to remove it.

i mean i would try use tweezers and make sure to use my other hand to hold the usb slot down so i dont rip it out

A picture would be brilliant. Kind of hard to understand what you're trying to accomplish without having a visual.

2 hours ago, Dentash said:

@Netivity

O yes photo sorry about that I forgot to attach them

snip

Buddy that look like it's melted?!

@Netivity

No it is the broken off end of a usb 3 cable that is stuck in the header but it is really jammed in there I am not sure what the other owner did to it it does not seem to cause any issues with the board its self just cant use that header to attach the usb 3 front panel witch sucks because this board only has 4 usb post on the back. It does look melted but that is from the tweezers and trying to pull it out 

Very slim needlenose pliers?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Dentash said:

@Netivity

No it is the broken off end of a usb 3 cable that is stuck in the header but it is really jammed in there I am not sure what the other owner did to it it does not seem to cause any issues with the board its self just cant use that header to attach the usb 3 front panel witch sucks because this board only has 4 usb post on the back 

Ahh I see it now! You're not able to remove it using two pairs of pliers on either side and applying equal pressure?

Try a metal scribe - stick it in one end, then use the part of the plug attached to the board as a fulcrum to wiggle it out.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:56 PM, Lord Mirdalan said:

Try a metal scribe - stick it in one end, then use the part of the plug attached to the board as a fulcrum to wiggle it out.

I got time to fix it at last the scribe worked best some of the plastic housing did get damaged but none of the pins did. It works 100% no issues