Can't get a USB working

WhatComesAround

Ok so. First of all. This is the ONLY stick we have that has more than 8gb of storage. I reformatted it in the past but since then it has not worked. I have tried all kinds of things but nothing seems to work. The computer still recognizes it but for some reason I cannot reformat this thing to make it useful. I could really use some help because unless I get this thing working I won't be able to get windows installed in the next few days.

Here's what disk manager shows:

image.thumb.png.4b85215f78ab247416ec709fd35b28f0.png

What should I try?

Right click on it and select "simple volume", that should take you to the volume creation tool. Format as exFAT.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

On 2/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, BobVonBob said:

Right click on it and select "simple volume", that should take you to the volume creation tool. Format as exFAT.

didn't work but I ended up using an external hard drive