PC won't post, 2 CPUs tried

SeeEmAge

Hello! First I have to say that my English is not the best...

My specs:

CPU: BEFORE Ryzen 5 1600, NEW Ryzen 7 2700X

Mainboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON

GPU: ASUS Strix RTX 2080

RAM: 16GB HyperX

Etc. : Soundcard: SoundBlaster X AE-5

First thing. I had the Ryzen 1600 until yesterday. It worked fine but sometimes the LEDs of my Mainboard didn't start to shine and this was the indicator for me, that the PC won't post. After some restarts it starts to work again and then the problem comes back later than 1 month. Since yesterday I have the Ryzen 2700X and it worked really well. I didn't flashed the Bios (It was from April 2018). But since today it makes the same problems like the 1600... But now it done this after every restart and this only 3 times... now it stays in not posting. I changed the 2700X with the 1600 and it posted. So I flashed the Bios to January 2019. I swiped the CPU and it doesn't changed anything. Back to the 1600 It won't post too. I am working on since 4 hours and now I am clueless.

Edit: I have to say that I have a water-cooling since today.

I hope someone can tell me a tip. :) Thank you!

18 minutes ago, SeeEmAge said:

Hello! First I have to say that my English is not the best...

My specs:

CPU: BEFORE Ryzen 5 1600, NEW Ryzen 7 2700X

Mainboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON

GPU: ASUS Strix RTX 2080

RAM: 16GB HyperX

Etc. : Soundcard: SoundBlaster X AE-5

First thing. I had the Ryzen 1600 until yesterday. It worked fine but sometimes the LEDs of my Mainboard didn't start to shine and this was the indicator for me, that the PC won't post. After some restarts it starts to work again and then the problem comes back later than 1 month. Since yesterday I have the Ryzen 2700X and it worked really well. I didn't flashed the Bios (It was from April 2018). But since today it makes the same problems like the 1600... But now it done this after every restart and this only 3 times... now it stays in not posting. I changed the 2700X with the 1600 and it posted. So I flashed the Bios to January 2019. I swiped the CPU and it doesn't changed anything. Back to the 1600 It won't post too. I am working on since 4 hours and now I am clueless.

Edit: I have to say that I have a water-cooling since today.

I hope someone can tell me a tip. :) Thank you!

It is possible you have a failing power supply. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Try reseating everything, including all cables and cards.

That's magically worked for me in the past.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

20 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It is possible you have a failing power supply. 

That, or(less likely) the motherboard itself is faulty.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!