ASUS X551m laptop - boot from USB?

I have an old win8 laptop laying around that I want to use to dip my toe into the world of Linux, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to boot from USB. When I try to change the boot order from either the boot menu within the BIOS or the standalone boot order selector I only have the option to boot from Windows Boot Manager and nothing else. ASUS's website doesn't even seem to know this model number so I'm coming up short trying to troubleshoot with them too.

Some googling shows that this is a common problem with ASUS laptops of that era and I should try disabling Secure Boot (which I have done) and disabling CSM (which I cannot find a toggle for.) 

It is running Aptio Setup Utility version 2.15.1236 if that makes any difference.

Is there a "boot from USB" option somewhere? More than I'd like to admit I end up forgetting to turn that on when I try USB boots.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

11 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

can you boot other computer with this usb ? try using rufus to make a boot drive

Yes works fine on other computers.

9 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Is there a "boot from USB" option somewhere? More than I'd like to admit I end up forgetting to turn that on when I try USB boots.

I can't find it if there is. 

In the images below you can see what I see in the Boot Menu. The second image shows what I see if you click 'Add New Boot Option' but I have no idea how to use this file path or if it is possible to use it to get the computer to boot from USB.

Boot Menu.jpg

Add new Boot Option.jpg

Secure Boot Disables.jpg

Edited by alwaysbechowder
Adding images