Pc Auto Power On

Go to solution Solved by X_X,

Works for me after full shutdown either from UEFI Shell and reset -s or W7 x64 and Shift Shutdown. Can you post a BIOS ss and if possible RTC dump?

13130552.png.f89c9d198094b1cae340907ed59ff183.png

Hello... me and my friends want to find a way to start our PCs from a full shut down....

I have a asus rog x470-f motherboard and looked into the bios settings for the apm and turned on power by rtc but it doesnt seem to work and I dont really know why... if I can get some help on this it would be greatly appreciated!

You typically have to disable fast startup and hibernate in windows. Have you looked into wake on LAN?

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

5 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

You typically have to disable fast startup and hibernate in windows. Have you looked into wake on LAN?

Ok I'll try to disable fast startup... but what does wake on lan do exactly?

Just now, joester911 said:

Ok I'll try to disable fast startup... but what does wake on lan do exactly?

Wake on LAN is predominantly enterprise feature that works by broadcasting “magic packets” over a network. The target computer receives these packets and powers on. 

This is would allow you to boot your computer from your phone or another computer anywhere in your LAN quite easily. To be able to boot from outside of your LAN, you would need to port forward and likely setup a dynamic DNS. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

Wake on LAN is predominantly enterprise feature that works by broadcasting “magic packets” over a network. The target computer receives these packets and powers on. 

This is would allow you to boot your computer from your phone or another computer anywhere in your LAN quite easily. To be able to boot from outside of your LAN, you would need to port forward and likely setup a dynamic DNS. 

Wow that's cool I would have to look into that!

12 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

So I'm kinda at a loss

What do you mean by automatically?  

Do you want your PC to never be off?  ie If it ever turns off it will immediately re-start itself?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

4 hours ago, nick name said:

What do you mean by automatically?  

Do you want your PC to never be off?  ie If it ever turns off it will immediately re-start itself?  

i mean i want to turn it totally off at night and have it turn on at a set time in the morning

You would need to enable resume by RTC Alarm in BIOS and have a bit of software set the time to wake up or manually use BIOS settings. Probably could incorporate the software method with a Shutdown command if wanted.

AWOL

1 hour ago, joester911 said:

i mean i want to turn it totally off at night and have it turn on at a set time in the morning

Have your mom turn it off for you and right before she makes you breakfast, have her turn it on. Just don't get caught with morning wood. ?

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

1 hour ago, X_X said:

You would need to enable resume by RTC Alarm in BIOS and have a bit of software set the time to wake up. Probably could incorporate it with a Shutdown command if wanted.

I already enabled the RTC alarm and set a time for it to start but it wont... although im getting the idea that this only works with the pc in sleep mode and not full shutdown

Works for me after full shutdown either from UEFI Shell and reset -s or W7 x64 and Shift Shutdown. Can you post a BIOS ss and if possible RTC dump?

AWOL

9 hours ago, X_X said:

ok turns out that it does work its just that when i was setting it to like 14 30 then it wouldnt turn on at 2 30 so i didnt really know what to do but now it turned on at 7 am when i had set it sooooo i guess its fixed but thanks anyways!