Charge via wall or USB?

Cs342

i mostly just charge, my phone when ever i have a chance to charge it on. mostly i just charge it through my truck most of the day, but sometimes i charge it from the wall

Final verdict is: It doesn't really matter if you have replaceable batteries. Whether you charge from wall+surge protector or from USB if you battery dies you can replace them easily.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

About the USB 3.0 charging faster = No, only if it is rated for extra power (Tablets) it's on some consumer laptops and like 40% of the time on consumer Mobo's (Usually marked as Yellow USB)

PC SPECIFICATIONS: i7 2600k 3.4ghz, Thermaltake Water 2.0 All in one, MSI z77-G43, 16gb Corsair Vengeance , GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr II, 60gb Corsair Force 3 Sandforce Controller, 1TB WD Barracuda, Coolermaster 850W. PERIPHERALS: Gigabute Aiva K1800, Razer Naga, Steelseries Siberia v2 PHONE: Galaxy Note II

Hm, I think that might be what happened to my iPhone 3G. I mostly charged it with the wall charger since it was 1) faster and 2) I hate iTunes so there was no reason to plug it into my PC.

and I always thought that a wall charger would just be better and more "stable" for some reason, just because it was faster... lol.

I noticed that the battery life was drastically worse after some years ( I owned it for about 4 years ). At first I thought it was just because newer iOS updates or something, but since I heard Slick and Linus talk about it on the stream I think it might be otherwise.

So that could have been the reason... but then again, I did leave the phone charging overnight so it would be at 100% for like 6-8+ hours, which apparently is bad?

Also, at my work place my phone would be exposed to extreme heat and extremely cold temperates so that might have affected it over a year or two.

But remember, in the end, no matter how much you take care of it, all batteries degrade over time with use.

I understand that the reason people think usb is safe is because the power passes through you power supply, motherboard and then comes to you usb this way the power is has much less fluctuations and is cleaner than a cheap small wall wart and this tend to keep your battery healthier over time. Atleast that what theory say. I charge my phone via usb when i go to school and when i come back it is fully charged.

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Always from the wall, it's definitely faster. I can enable "fast USB charging" but then I have to change it every time I need access the phone from my PC. 

Also have a wireless charger on the way.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

I charge my iPhone 3GS via wall because I think it safer than via USB port. Wall charger usually has an option to prevent overcharging.

Try charging YOUR phone on YOUR motherboard on the high-powered USB ports and get your own readings, and having all the pros and cons about it in mind, decide what's better for you... also, you're not obligated do to the same each and every time, and a tip for quick charges (for example, when you have 20 minutes left and you have to go somewhere) charge it in flight mode!