HP 461537-001 motherboard questions

djd3

Hello everyone who may see this .. 

I have a HP 461537-001 motherboard and after seeing the cheap PC upgrade video Id like to do the same with my old tower i have laying around.

It has a HP 461537-001 motherboard as stated .. I already know it uses DDR2 ram .. and it has the 939 socket and one PCIe expansion slot .. 

My main question is what are my options (if any) on turning this into a primarily minecraft playing machine. 

Im looking around the webs for as much info as I can find but am always open to a little help from anyone if i can get it .. 

I also would like to know if there is a BIOS i can put on this motherboard that will allow some tweaks like overclocking and such if need be to get as much out of it as I can  .. I understand most Big brand computers come with locked down BIOS so if there's a way to unlock it or put in a new one Im all ears as well. 

You would probably need a graphics card to play Minecraft on that computer.  Also most old prebuilt system bios' don't have overclocking, so to install some sketchy third party firmware into your motherboard probably isn't a good idea.  Also what CPU are you using?

Coconut

Tag or Quote me for me to see your reply!

I think its the Athon 64x .. I dont know ... im pretty much trying to upgrade it before I even attempt to do anything on it .. which is why Id like to know what I can get in order to boost it on the cheap. 

I have ZERO intention on playing anything more demanding than Skyrim or something along those lines .. so Im not looking for GTX's and beast hardware .. i pretty much just was decent frames and enough balls to run Minecraft.

But the motherboard also only supports 95 watts so .. I understand my limits there as well.

Im thinking of this just to get started  .. 

$34.98

1                                                                                                                                                    2                                                                                                                                                    3                                                                                                                                                    4                                                                                                                                                    5                                                                                                                                                    6                                                                                                                                                    7                                                                                                                                                    8                                                                                                                                                    9                                                                                                                                            10+                                                              1

Amd Phenom 9650 Quad Core

$22.95

1                                                                                                                                                    2                                                                                                                                                    3                                                                                                                                                    4                                                                                                                                                    5                                                                                                                                                    6                                                                                                                                                    7                                                                                                                                                    8                                                                                                                                                    9                                                                                                                                            10+                                                              1

ah that funny. I made a post about a similar ish board and nobody would touch it. I had a sempron 1.6 in my HP/compaq board i put a phenom 2 820 at 2.8ghz in it. clocks better than the I5 less than i7 on cinebench. yeah trying to find a upgraded bios for it. have you done the control+alt+(bioskey) yet. you get a few more options on hp/compaq boards. ive been hesitant but idk maybe i will try shooting hp an email. probably shouldn't admit i am transplanting this board into a antec workstation esq case. im gona try a firepro v4800 in it.

I haven’t tried anything yet .. parts are sitting in my amazon cart ready to go if I know that it’s worth it ..