installing sata III SSD

tautvydas
Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

It's normal for SATA power cables to have multiple connectors on them, and it's fine to use all of them.

And yeah an SSD isn't sensitive to shock or vibration and won't vibrate on its own, so it can sit on the bottom of the case if necessary.

ok baiscly i just want to grab cheap sata SSD so i could load up fiew games up there and nothing more

saw one for 20 euros http://www.skytech.lt/pbu120gs25ssdr-patriot-ssd-burst-120gb-sata-iii-readwrite-560540-mbps-nand-flash-p-364403.html

ok so here comes the part i'm unsure of, i'm not sure how should i power it, i have a decent PSU but since i bough it prebuilt the cabeling is a mess.

there are a bunch of cables that have same L shaped ending witch i know is power for SATA devices (i have HDD, Optical drive and some sort of SD card reader)

is it okay if i plug the new SSD in one of the cables that allready is powering HDD and possible other devices since i cant make sense of the mess since i just popped the pannel and dont want to bother getting pc of table somewhere where i can lay it down and look carefully. (providing fiew piecures of the place i'm talking about)

[it just runs like a snake long cable with multiple ends that can be plugged into, is there a power limit or device limit i should know about ? ]

also do i need to secure the SSD down ? my case does not have any 2.5" bays so i was thinking of just plugging it in and just letting it sit on the bottom of the case, since i dont move my pc anyways that shouldnt be a problem right ?

(sorry for the dust i just usualy clean cpu and gpu heatsinks)

IMG_20190209_114333.jpg

IMG_20190209_114258_HDR.jpg

It's normal for SATA power cables to have multiple connectors on them, and it's fine to use all of them.

And yeah an SSD isn't sensitive to shock or vibration and won't vibrate on its own, so it can sit on the bottom of the case if necessary.

11 hours ago, Sakkura said:

thanks for response, guess taping it to the bottom of the case will do me fine then xd