GH5 live streaming

What would be the best way to live cast the view from the camera to a large screen like in a school theatre?

I've looked into ways that uses Blackmagic's web presenter, which allows footage to be streamed onto social media. Although this can be an alternative solution, I'm looking for some ways that has less latency by streaming it locally. Is there such thing?

I want to achieve something like live concerts and live competitions where the camera view is casted on a large screen behind them.

A simple Capture Card system should function.  Something like an Elgato 4K60.  If I'm understanding properly you were considering streaming it out then just using a web client to view/project that stream?  I have no experience with the Elgato, but the latency would have to be better than that by a long shot.  

Combining a good quality capture card with something like OBS would allow you to project the image(or display to another display).  That could also be handy as OBS could allow you to do overlays, graphics, and videos as it is a livestreaming / recording application. So you could record a stream for later use, project it, and also display graphics or other overlays if you so desired.

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.

7 hours ago, MandicReally said:

A simple Capture Card system should function.  Something like an Elgato 4K60.  If I'm understanding properly you were considering streaming it out then just using a web client to view/project that stream?  I have no experience with the Elgato, but the latency would have to be better than that by a long shot.  

Combining a good quality capture card with something like OBS would allow you to project the image(or display to another display).  That could also be handy as OBS could allow you to do overlays, graphics, and videos as it is a livestreaming / recording application. So you could record a stream for later use, project it, and also display graphics or other overlays if you so desired.

Is there a wireless solution though? I need to send a signal to the control room at the top of the seats from the stage
Thanks for your suggestion though

8 hours ago, l.lawliet31415 said:

Is there a wireless solution though?

nope if you wand and need the bandwith. There are some Transceiver and Receiver for TV Cams what are not cheap what i saw. The also must fit with the Cam.

From AT. :x

On 2/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, l.lawliet31415 said:

What would be the best way to live cast the view from the camera to a large screen like in a school theatre?

I've looked into ways that uses Blackmagic's web presenter, which allows footage to be streamed onto social media. Although this can be an alternative solution, I'm looking for some ways that has less latency by streaming it locally. Is there such thing?

I want to achieve something like live concerts and live competitions where the camera view is casted on a large screen behind them.

What you need here is NOT a live streaming solution.  You need a video signal distribution system that will take the video signal from your camera or video mixer software/hardware which is fed by the camera and distribute it to the various monitors/projectors placed throughout the event location.  You are NOT live streaming.

At the simplest, if you are shooting video with a camera that has HDMI out you just plug in an HDMI cable between camera and TV screen or with a professional camera you may need a signal converter.  Depending on the venue and whether your camera is stationary at a fixed spot or roaming around, you can use a cabled system or a wireless system.

If you are in a venue that has a complex setup, you need to talk to the people in charge of the venue's AV system to see how you can get your camera connected.

On a cabled system you need a cable from the port your camera uses to send out a video signal and towards the distribution device.  If you are adding overlays to the video before showing them on screen, your camera's video signal will need to first send the signal to a video mixing/switching system that will redistribute the video along with all the overlays and lower thirds to the screens where it will be shown.

Wireless systems range in cost from $1000 to several thousands.  If it is a one time thing, you can rent.  Teradek, Paralinx, and a few other brands manufacture wireless video transmission systems with 0 latency.  Cost depends on brand name and distance you want to send the signal.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:51 PM, Rhiannonithi said:

What you need here is NOT a live streaming solution.  You need a video signal distribution system that will take the video signal from your camera or video mixer software/hardware which is fed by the camera and distribute it to the various monitors/projectors placed throughout the event location.  You are NOT live streaming.

At the simplest, if you are shooting video with a camera that has HDMI out you just plug in an HDMI cable between camera and TV screen or with a professional camera you may need a signal converter.  Depending on the venue and whether your camera is stationary at a fixed spot or roaming around, you can use a cabled system or a wireless system.

If you are in a venue that has a complex setup, you need to talk to the people in charge of the venue's AV system to see how you can get your camera connected.

On a cabled system you need a cable from the port your camera uses to send out a video signal and towards the distribution device.  If you are adding overlays to the video before showing them on screen, your camera's video signal will need to first send the signal to a video mixing/switching system that will redistribute the video along with all the overlays and lower thirds to the screens where it will be shown.

Wireless systems range in cost from $1000 to several thousands.  If it is a one time thing, you can rent.  Teradek, Paralinx, and a few other brands manufacture wireless video transmission systems with 0 latency.  Cost depends on brand name and distance you want to send the signal.

Thanks for clarification 

Teradek and Came-TV's wireless solution looked like the one that I wanted