any way to share files via lan other than file explorer??

BOBWARPATH

Even With all settings configured correctly, the SAME on both computers, running the troubleshooter, and reconnecting the cables to my switch, I never get a connection where both computers can see eachother. If there is any good software that allows me to assign to a sort of homegroup like windows 10 used to have, PLEASE! TELL ME!!

you got to share the folder and give permission, otherwise it won't appear.

easiest way to share files is with bluetooth.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

you got to share the folder and give permission, otherwise it won't appear.

easiest way to share files is with bluetooth.

yeah I took the C drive of my pc I want to be seen, and set it as full control, and It can see pc2 but pc1 cant see the shared drive

Give permission to "everyone" with full control for that folder.

enable Network discovery and File & Printer sharing on both pc in private & all network.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

Give permission to "everyone" with full control for that folder.

enable Network discovery and File & Printer sharing on both pc in private & all network.

That's EXACTLY what I did. I even double checked settings, and turned off media streaming. For some reason pc1 sees pc2 as media device, but not for transferring...

Do yo know the IP address of the 1st PC?

In PC2 just write (double backslash)->> \\IPADDRESS and it would open PC1.

Or \\IPADDRESS\foldername

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Do yo know the IP address of the 1st PC?

In PC2 just write (double backslash)->> \\IPADDRESS and it would open PC1.

Or \\IPADDRESS\foldername

ooh really?? Be right back, gonna try...

If not, disable Firewall completely.

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

If not, disable Firewall completely.

I turned off all firewalls, public, private, and domain, on both computers, and tried the command //myipaddress/C:/Users/username of pc on both computers, and tried both / and \ , but no dice. Also tried just /Ipaddress. Its a netgear unmanaged switch, so I don't know what could be going on

Yeah, two free programs are

Dukto - lightweight, client+server at the same time, a con is that is unidirectional 

Remote Utilities - requires install, client and server are different programs, full file explorer and control

both can work under limited NATs as long as the computers share the same DHCP server

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

Dukto - lightweight, client+server at the same time, a con is that is unidirectional 

Remote Utilities - requires install, client and server are different programs, full file explorer and control

both can work under limited NATs as long as the computers share the same DHCP server

Ok and by DCHP, you mean like same router/switch??? But yes they are same network.

4 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Should I get The Microsoft store version or off website??? If website, where should I go?? All I see is sourceforge

Just now, BOBWARPATH said:

Should I get The Microsoft store version or off website??? If website, where should I go?? All I see is sourceforge

Get the "regular" versions 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dukto/files/DuktoR6-Setup.exe/download

https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

search "cmd" open it and write "ping 192.168.x.x"

backslash \ (for local network) not / (for internet)

//myipaddress/C:/Users/username

You should just write \\IP\username

2 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Ok so I set up dukto on both computers, and It already shows both computers as buddies.... So Maybe it was windows not showing it??? I can send and receive between both now!!!! THANKS

3 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

Ok so I set up dukto on both computers, and It already shows both computers as buddies.... So Maybe it was windows not showing it??? I can send and receive between both now!!!! THANKS

yeah that one is easy, be sure to configure the downloads folder if you want to transfer files to a drive that isn't C

cool

Just now, aezakmi said:

yeah that one is easy, be sure to configure the downloads folder if you want to transfer files to a drive that isn't C

cool

Yeah Its pretty easy actually, and I set the download path to my 120mb receive ssd in my server.... Sadly Im Using a smaller switch from my old setup since my big fancy 24 port broke, and ever since I switched, Nothing network wise ever worked the same, But this will keep me going til and likely after I get it replaced!