The Most Downloaded Torrent of 2013 is…. Completely Legal

Snickerzz

For many people BitTorrent is synonymous with piracy, but the popular file-sharing technology has much more to offer. Over the past year BitTorrent Inc. has intensified its efforts to help artists reach millions of new fans, and not without result. A bundle of tracks from Moby’s latest album Innocents, which can be downloaded for free and completely legally, is the most-shared torrent of 2013 with an impressive 8.9 million downloads.

And people say torrenting/ers are just for illegal things :P

post-5552-0-31319000-1389913630_thumb.jp

http://torrentfreak.com/and-the-most-downloaded-torrent-of-2013-is-completely-legal-140116/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Oh but of course the media won't report on this

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

The secret behind BitTorrent’s bundle program is that the torrents are included with every download of the uTorrent and BitTorrent mainline applications. Since these clients are installed by dozens of millions of people, the numbers add up quickly.

So these are included downloads, Not ones people went looking for?

Or am I missing something?

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Moby is awesome live, saw him at the commodore in YVR a few years ago

Loving what Moby is doing. We need more artists like this.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

6npzI.png

Torrenting means to spread a file using P2P connections. It doesn't have to be illegal. It just a negative name attached to it.

i know but a lot of people assiate torrenting with illegal activites, like tor browsers :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Posted Image

Torrenting means to spread a file using P2P connections. It doesn't have to be illegal. It just a negative name attached to it.

A torrent is a type of P2P not the act of sharing a file using P2P.

So these are included downloads, Not ones people went looking for?

Or am I missing something?

Thats the way the article read it. Actually the quote is "The secret behind BitTorrent’s bundle program is that the torrents are included with every download of the uTorrent and BitTorrent mainline applications. Since these clients are installed by dozens of millions of people, the numbers add up quickly." 

Also got to say I installed BitTorrent Sync last night and so far ive got to say im loving it.

corey <3

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Thats the way the article read it. Actually the quote is "The secret behind BitTorrent’s bundle program is that the torrents are included with every download of the uTorrent and BitTorrent mainline applications. Since these clients are installed by dozens of millions of people, the numbers add up quickly."

Im a man and use Vuze in classic mode so :P

Download all the linux isos.

Signatures are stupid.

i know but a lot of people assiate torrenting with illegal activites, like tor browsers :P

a lot of people associate TOR browsers with illegal activities too, TOR, in and of itself is perfectly legal.

Pretty sure that is just a load of bull. The fact that they had to twist it to artists and not let's say, song or album tells a pretty clear story if you ask me (and that they bundled the torrent).

Also, how can they know what files people download? Torrents don't have 1 main centralization point so there is no way for them to get accurate numbers from all different trackers.

Oh but of course the media won't report on this.

Everyone knows that the news media is owned by entertainment companies so of course they won't. They'll continue pushing their agendas and propaganda down our throats

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

a lot of people associate TOR browsers with illegal activities too, TOR, in and of itself is perfectly legal.

thats what i said :v

Where's Eminem when we need him? 

He must be busy selling out more and more...and i don't mean album sales.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I've been listening to his new album trough his website for a few hours now, and it's available for legal download? :o Or am I wrong?

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

thats what i said :v

Woops, i misread, i thought you were saying TOR was illegal