Budget gaming rig

filippalfi

Hello! 

This wont be a long build log, but i wanted to share it with u guys. 

Since i switched do Antec P6, my MasterBox Lite 3.1 was just taking space now, so i decided to give it to a good friend of mine. His case is all beat up, full of crap, acrilic is scratched beyond recognition etc, so since he likes white and blue combo im gonna paint the entire case white, and use some blue LED fans and strips to make it light up nicely. 

Parts that are gonna be used are:

Ryzen 3 1200

Gainward GS GTX 750Ti

8GB of Ballistix DDR4 2400mhz

Generic 450w PSU

B350M Bazooka MSI motherboard

He already owns the CPU and GPU so thats gonna be used, he plays mostly eSports titles, so its gonna be fine. Wanted to give him my 980,but i dont trust that power supply. Here are a few pics, started painting etc, hopefully its gonna be done until the end of weekend.

Btw, heatsink is not heavily painted, only the top and sides are barely fogged. 

DSC_1250.JPG

DSC_1249.JPG

11 hours ago, filippalfi said:

Hello! 

This wont be a long build log, but i wanted to share it with u guys. 

Since i switched do Antec P6, my MasterBox Lite 3.1 was just taking space now, so i decided to give it to a good friend of mine. His case is all beat up, full of crap, acrilic is scratched beyond recognition etc, so since he likes white and blue combo im gonna paint the entire case white, and use some blue LED fans and strips to make it light up nicely. 

Parts that are gonna be used are:

Ryzen 3 1200

Gainward GS GTX 750Ti

8GB of Ballistix DDR4 2400mhz

Generic 450w PSU

B350M Bazooka MSI motherboard

He already owns the CPU and GPU so thats gonna be used, he plays mostly eSports titles, so its gonna be fine. Wanted to give him my 980,but i dont trust that power supply. Here are a few pics, started painting etc, hopefully its gonna be done until the end of weekend.

Btw, heatsink is not heavily painted, only the top and sides are barely fogged. 

You could've avoided the heat sink painting ?‍♂️

My Rig

HP Omen 16 | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX | 16 GB DDR5 RAM | NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4060 8 GB | 512GB PCIe Gen4 NVMe TLC M.2 SSD |

16.1-inch (40.9 cm) 1920 x 1080 165Hz | RGB Backlit Keyboard |

32 minutes ago, Tech Guru said:

You could've avoided the heat sink painting ?‍♂️

Yup, i know its not supposed to be painted, but its really not heavy paint on there, i will strip it of if it causes heat issues. 

1 minute ago, filippalfi said:

Yup, i know its not supposed to be painted, but its really not heavy paint on there, i will strip it of if it causes heat issues. 

Alright man!

Good luck for ur build :)

My Rig

HP Omen 16 | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX | 16 GB DDR5 RAM | NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4060 8 GB | 512GB PCIe Gen4 NVMe TLC M.2 SSD |

16.1-inch (40.9 cm) 1920 x 1080 165Hz | RGB Backlit Keyboard |

9 hours ago, Tech Guru said:

Alright man!

Good luck for ur build :)

Thanks! :)

Well, we did some brainstorming and decided not to go with white. Motherboard is gray, ram is gray, so the case is also gray ?

DSC_1256.JPG

DSC_1257.JPG

Rig is finished! GPU will be upgraded after all to 1060 6GB.

Tried to dial in some overclocks

CPU at 3.8ghz at 1.3v,doesnt go above 60ish C on stock cooler. 

GPU +100mhz offset on memory and core. 

But the RAM failed. Tried to enable aXMP in bios, set it to at least 2666mhz from its 2400 stock speed, but it continued to lock up on windows loading circle when turned on. This is my first time trying to overclock the memory, if u guys can help me how to dial it in it would be appreciated, thanks! 

DSC_1311.JPG

DSC_1307.JPG

DSC_1308.JPG