GPU stuck in PCIe-slot

Dominik58057
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
1 minute ago, Dominik58057 said:

First of all, thank you both, but I'm not done yet. The issue is that this (see picture) metal things cant be moved downwards because it is being blocked by my case. 

I need to move downwards, in order to lever my card back into place.

Any ideas?

You're going to have to very carefully lift the front (bracket facing) side of the card up just enough to push it back inside the case.

While trying to get my GPU out, i

I aappeared to have moved it too much to right. It seems to be stuck. I don't wanna apply to much force.

Does anyone have advice on how I could get it out?

15494700109402889817220659370911.jpg

15494700332723829773340587925303.jpg

Did you unlock the little tab at the end? If so, it's ok to just pull it towards you if the tower is on its side, or straight up if you're laying the tower down.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

What is keeping it from going back to the left

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Did you unlock the little tab at the end? If so, it's ok to just pull it towards you if the tower is on its side, or straight up if you're laying the tower down.

I didn't unlock it; my card is so big. I think that's the issue. 

Just now, fasauceome said:

What is keeping it from going back to the left

I think it's the small tab at the end. I'll take a look.

Just now, Dominik58057 said:

If you're careful with your aim, you can use a screwdriver to push the lock down, then pull the card out.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

6 minutes ago, Dominik58057 said:

You can't take the card out without unlocking it so that's your problem

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

If you're careful with your aim, you can use a screwdriver to push the lock down, then pull the card 

Ok, update: I took my heatsink out, but the lock requires a lot of force to push down:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You can't take the card out without unlocking it so that's your problem

Here's a clean picture.

15494707985557545942671085866903.jpg

Yeah, that happens. If you want to remove your card without breaking the motherboard, you need to push or slide the unlock tab, that's just the way it is.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

Just now, violentnumeric said:

Yeah, that happens. If you want to remove your card without breaking the motherboard, you need to push or slide the unlock tab, that's just the way it is.

Someone else also told me about it, but now I've gotten more insight into the problem. Could you look at my last reply with the video and the picture?

Ok, update: I took my heatsink out, but the lock requires a lot of force to push down:

That's because of the angle it was at. You're going to have to remove your cooler when you remove your GPU. I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY recommend not shoving a freaking screwdriver into your motherboard. Sorry @TheRandomness, I know you mean well and I know that's a harsh reaction on my part, but that's just a flat out terrible idea. If the screwdriver slips, that's at least a bunch of scratched through traces, at worst a hole in your board. Even something like a pencil eraser is incredibly risky. It's inconvenient, but removing the cooler is the only safe way to get a card that's buried by a cooler out.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

That's because of the angle it was at. You're going to have to remove your cooler when you remove your GPU. I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY recommend not shoving a freaking screwdriver into your motherboard. Sorry @TheRandomness, I know you mean well and I know that's a harsh reaction on my part, but that's just a flat out terrible idea. If the screwdriver slips, that's at least a bunch of scratched through traces, at worst a hole in your board. Even something like a pencil eraser is incredibly risky. It's inconvenient, but removing the cooler is the only safe way to get a card that's buried by a cooler out.

I already did that. But the problem still isn't solved. Could you look at my reply with the video and the picture?

Just now, Dominik58057 said:

I already did that. But the problem still isn't solved. Could you look at my reply with the video and the picture?

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Oh never mind, you already replied to my comment. But do have any idea how I get out of this situation?

7 minutes ago, Dominik58057 said:

You need to re-seat the card in slot and then unlock the tab

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

Just now, Rex_G said:

You need to re-seat the card in slot and then unlock the tab

So, pushing it to the left? (It's stuck on the right now)

15494711651724227830048562871223.jpg

So, pushing it to the left? (It's stuck on the right now)

15494711651724227830048562871223.jpg

Yes, try to get it back in the slot (do NOT apply excessive force). After it is in the slot, unlock the tab and the GPU should come out without any issue 

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

3 minutes ago, Dominik58057 said:

Oh never mind, you already replied to my comment. But do have any idea how I get out of this situation?

Gently re-seat the card in the bracket so it's fully installed, then push down on the tab and slowly, gently wiggle it out.

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Gently re-seat the card in the bracket so it's fully installed, then push down on the tab and slowly, gently wiggle it out.

13 minutes ago, Rex_G said:

Yes, try to get it back in the slot (do NOT apply excessive force). After it is in the slot, unlock the tab and the GPU should come out without any issue 

First of all, thank you both, but I'm not done yet. The issue is that this (see picture) metal things cant be moved downwards because it is being blocked by my case. 

Any ideas?

1549472172510571461634766861225.jpg

Any ideas?

You're going to have to very carefully lift the front (bracket facing) side of the card up just enough to push it back inside the case.

4 minutes ago, Dominik58057 said:

Any ideas?

1549472172510571461634766861225.jpg

Try to push those in, you can apply a little pressure (Just on the lower part of the metal plate) to push them and what @aisle9 said

1 minute ago, Rex_G said:

Try to push those in, you can apply a little pressure (Just on the lower part of the metal plate) to push them and what @aisle9 said

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU. THIS WAS IT. I thought there were supposed to be outside, but need to be inside of the case.

15494725472651027439150015540294.jpg

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU. THIS WAS IT. I thought there were supposed to be outside, but need to be inside of the case.

15494725472651027439150015540294.jpg

Great job! Glad you could get it out. Let us know if you have any other questions.

This was like trying to guide some random person how to land a plane after the pilots died/passed out...

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

34 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

This was like trying to guide some random person how to land a plane after the pilots died/passed out...

GPU stuck posts quite common though. People don't realize there is a tab to release it from slot.