i cant unmount my fluid head from my tripod, help?

i have a 755cx3 tripod and a mvh500ah fuild head

any ideas?

10 hours ago, echy said:

i have a 755cx3 tripod and a mvh500ah fuild head

any ideas?

Without having physical access to your exact tripod, I can't really do much beyond providing the link to the manual for your fluid head and wishing you luck... I do know that the same kind of rubber grippy mats you use to open stuck jar lids might help if something is stuck, but a quick picture with a description of what part is stuck could help us provide recommendations.

Anywho, here's a link to the manwell: https://cdn.manfrotto.com/media/catalog/product/manual/Instructions_Manfrotto_MVH500A-500AH_GB.pdf

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 hours ago, kirashi said:

Without having physical access to your exact tripod, I can't really do much beyond providing the link to the manual for your fluid head and wishing you luck... I do know that the same kind of rubber grippy mats you use to open stuck jar lids might help if something is stuck, but a quick picture with a description of what part is stuck could help us provide recommendations.

Anywho, here's a link to the manwell: https://cdn.manfrotto.com/media/catalog/product/manual/Instructions_Manfrotto_MVH500A-500AH_GB.pdf

your suppose to move clockwise and be able to unscrew the head, for some reason i cant remove it?? i dont think it was built that way, i mean you are suppost to be able to remove it right?. i tried removing the three pins which was successful, but it did nothing it was still hard to remove, the fuild head works perfect like its supposed to but i cant remove the fluid head from the tripod

Inkeds-l1600_LI.jpg

2 hours ago, echy said:

your suppose to move clockwise and be able to unscrew the head, for some reason i cant remove it?? i dont think it was built that way, i mean you are suppost to be able to remove it right?. i tried removing the three pins which was successful, but it did nothing it was still hard to remove, the fuild head works perfect like its supposed to but i cant remove the fluid head from the tripod

You're absolutely supposed to be able to remove heads from Manfrotto Tripods. What I suspect is giving you a hard time is the unscrewing of the BASE of the head after you've removed the 3 pin/bolts. This would probably be because either a) it's seized on there real tight, or b) it's rotating above the BASE as a tripod head should. You can check out the video below to see how this guy removes his fluid head from a tripod, keeping in mind it might not be the exact same model.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

38 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You're absolutely supposed to be able to remove heads from Manfrotto Tripods. What I suspect is giving you a hard time is the unscrewing of the BASE of the head after you've removed the 3 pin/bolts. This would probably be because either a) it's seized on there real tight, or b) it's rotating above the BASE as a tripod head should. You can check out the video below to see how this guy removes his fluid head from a tripod, keeping in mind it might not be the exact same model.

thanks i already tried this but decided to try again and it worked! your a life saver, i was supposed to tighten it like super hard to the point that i had to use like a tool wrench and i was able to take it off, thank you!