Building My First PC, Help Please!

Schada

Hello World!

I'm considering building my own Windows computer for the first time and had a couple questions.  I'm shooting for a Mid-Upper tier gaming PC that will last for the next 5 years.  I don't plan on overclocking but some typical games I play... League of Legends, Diablo 3, CS GO, GTA 5, and maybe some VR games in the future.  Anywhere from $1,200 - 1,400 is my budget and here's a list of what I currently have and what I've shopped for so far.

Item                  Current                                 New Build                                                      Price
Case:                Dell XPS 8500                     Corsair Carbide 100R Mid Tower                   $49.99
GPU:                 GTX 1050 Ti                        Gigatbyte GeForce GTX 1070                       $339.99
CPU:                 i7-3770  3.40GHz                i5-8400 2.80GHz                                           $184.99
Motherboard:    Default                                 ASUS Prime H370-A/CSM                            $103.24
RAM:                16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)      Corsair Vengence LPX 2x8GBs                     $129.99
Powersupply:    Dell HU460AD-01                Corsair CS650M Semi-Modular Bronze         $68.99
Monitor:             LG 24MP56 (60Hz)             Acer XG270HU (144Hz)                                 $378.99

$1,256.18

Questions:

1) Any general recommendations/changes to the build?

1a) Am I missing anything?

2) My current setup hasn't had any issues with syncing, tearing, or stuttering.  Is it worth paying extra for a G-Sync monitor?

3) Is it worth shooting for GTX 2070 instead?

4) Do I have to purchase a heat-sync separate for the CPU?

5) Or should I just buy a pre-build (Dell, HP, etc.) at this price?

Thanks!

I would go Ryzen 2600(X), they are on par with each other with gaming, however, the 2600X of 2600 has 12 threads and will be better for everything else.

Freezync is also now supported by Nvidia, so no need to spend extra on G-Sync unless you're just rolling in cash. 

If you get the Ryzen, no, you don't need a cooler. Intel, I would probably get at least a cheap cooler. 

The 2070 isn't worth it but the 2060 will offer similar experience as 1070 ti, so just get that as its a better value. 

Never buy a pre-built. They suck and are composed of shitty parts to save money. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1) It looks good, It just doesn't seem that huge of a performance upgrade. Aside from the GPU your performance won't be extremely better. 

1a) If you would like to do VR in the future, you may want to upgrade your case to a more premium one with an HDMI port in the front IO or you could buy this 5.25 inch bay adapter to HDMI and USB.

2) No real need for it, as stated by the above post.

3) RTX currently is relatively useless without developer support (list of supported titles), as for all other titles it only offers a *slight* boost in FPS. 

4) I believe you mean a cooler, and yes; with that processor, you should probably get a decent aftermarket.

5) As stated above, unless you are extremely worried about hurting your parts in assembly, pre-builts are never really a good option.

Also, if you are valuing game quality over FPS, getting two monitors could be better for productivity.

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub