Micro USB 3.0 External HDD to SATA?

Rose_DCLXVI

So, I have a spare external hard drive that I don't use for anything other then a backup and id like to have it inside my tower so it isn't taking up a USB port. Does anybody know of a micro b 3.0 male to sata & power adapter? Other ideas are welcome but it seems like for now I'm going to have to just keep it a a USB drive.

17 minutes ago, Rose_DCLXVI said:

Does anybody know of a micro b 3.0 male to sata & power adapter?

It's internally already a SATA-drive, so you're asking for a SATA->USB->SATA -- that'd be silly. Just take the disk out of the enclosure and use it as-is.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's internally already a SATA-drive, so you're asking for a SATA->USB->SATA -- that'd be silly. Just take the disk out of the enclosure and use it as-is.

No dice famaquad :) it's micro b on the drive.

15493550542353842071080807715487.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rose_DCLXVI said:

No dice famaquad :) it's micro b on the drive.

Looks like you're shit-out-of-luck, then. At least I have never seen USB->SATA-adapters, even on Chinese markets.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

24 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Looks like you're shit-out-of-luck, then. At least I have never seen USB->SATA-adapters, even on Chinese markets.

Well damn. Hopefully some other eagle eyed pal can find something useful...

16 minutes ago, Rose_DCLXVI said:

Well damn. Hopefully some other eagle eyed pal can find something useful...

Internal usb header? You could use a riser off that... still be USB connectivity (I also have one of these, it was spare, but went back together into the external drive when I saw it was soldered on... I guess I should have realised it was a VERY small caddy. :P ).