Which to go with?

Doing a NZXT itx build for client, the shop I usually pick up parts from has a new year sale. I can't decide which board to pick up since they're all on sale, thanks before hand for your time 

Asus ROG Strix b450i gaming - $118.99

Gigabyte Aorus B450i gaming pro wifi - $99.99

MSI B450i gaming plus ac - $99.99

AsRock B450m itx/ac - $99.99

From what the sale person said the best choice is asus but I don't trust salesmen, so I came you guys. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

From what I know, MSI makes the best B450 boards. It depends on what your client is going to be doing with this PC, too.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

6 minutes ago, mxk. said:

From what I know, MSI makes the best B450 boards. It depends on what your client is going to be doing with this PC, too.

She's an accountant most probably her work and some gaming, since she's like 20++. Oh she requested for a Ryzen R7 2700 cpu. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

For general purpose the Gigabyte has dual-bios (in case one fails) and built-in wifi.  If you want fancy and gaming go for the Asus.  Otherwise the MSI seems fine also.  It's really not that big a choice between the boards, if you have a vendor you've worked with before or a picky motherboard need (like extra VRM cooling or certain IO port layout), otherwise go for what you like.

2 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

For general purpose the Gigabyte has dual-bios (in case one fails) and built-in wifi.  If you want fancy and gaming go for the Asus.  Otherwise the MSI seems fine also.  It's really not that big a choice between the boards, if you have a vendor you've worked with before or a picky motherboard need (like extra VRM cooling or certain IO port layout), otherwise go for what you like

I think all of the boards have their perks. For MSI, I think it's the VRMs, gigabyte, idk, I heard they didn't do too well with AMD AM4 boards, asus has the good BIOS, and ASRock has budget stuff (not sure about asrock either)

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I think all of the boards have their perks. gigabyte, idk, I heard they didn't do too well with AMD AM4 boards

Rather than deal in speculation (or suggest that all MSI boards are best which sounds like a sweeping generalization and brand loyalty) perhaps you could sure what specifically Gigabyte didn't do well with AM4 boards (or where you heard it from).  Especially since we're dealing in the niche of ITX boards, of which there are much fewer than other AM4 boards.

3 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I think all of the boards have their perks. For MSI, I think it's the VRMs, gigabyte, idk, I heard they didn't do too well with AMD AM4 boards, asus has the good BIOS, and ASRock has budget stuff (not sure about asrock either)

I have remember gigabyte is mostly about the sound system, and from the looks of her old pc it's way before sandy ridge 

Best Value Build List

1 minute ago, LogicWeasel said:

Rather than deal in speculation (or suggest that all MSI boards are best which sounds like a sweeping generalization and brand loyalty) perhaps you could sure what specifically Gigabyte didn't do well with AM4 boards (or where you heard it from).  Especially since we're dealing in the niche of ITX boards, of which there are much fewer than other AM4 boards.

Asus: most of us know that Asus makes a good BIOS that is easy to use

MSI: I've heard it from here on the forum, and different videos

Gigabyte: I'm actually loyal to this brand, but I know that the X470 ULTRA GAMING and I believe the Gaming 5 had terrible VRMs that were just as bad as the B450 boards so I think I made too quick of an assumption

ASRock: Honestly, people mainly discuss the 3 brands above, but I know that the Pro4 boards are good for budgets.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

49 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Asus: most of us know that Asus makes a good BIOS that is easy to use

MSI: I've heard it from here on the forum, and different videos

Gigabyte: I'm actually loyal to this brand, but I know that the X470 ULTRA GAMING and I believe the Gaming 5 had terrible VRMs that were just as bad as the B450 boards so I think I made too quick of an assumption

ASRock: Honestly, people mainly discuss the 3 brands above, but I know that the Pro4 boards are good for budgets.

LOL, and I still can't decide, save my brain someone it's melting

Best Value Build List

5 minutes ago, Galion said:

LOL, and I still can't decide, save my brain someone it's melting

Honestly, if the person isn't planning to overclock and doesn't know much about PCs, I'd go with the Asus board since it has a good BIOS for beginners.

This is a video on the MSI board. From what I gather from the video, the VRM is pretty solid for an ITX board, but it's obviously not for a high overclock.

To quote someone on Tom's hardware;

The MSI Board does have everything you need and (at least where i am) is 50€ cheaper than the Asus Board.
Asus does have a good Bios for overclocking and some pretty nice RGB lights but you also pay a lot extra for that.
The VRM isnt so different from the Asrock or MSI Board. Talking about Asrock, did you thought about getting the Asrock B450 board?

It does have nearly the same features as the Asus Board but at a much lower price.

Overall, i would recommend the MSI (or Asrock) Motherboard and not the Asus.
If you reeaalllyyy want those fancy light then go with the Asus one but other then that i wouldnt recommend the Board at that given pricetag.

I think this is a pretty good representation of Asus and how they roll. Flashy lights, good BIOS for overclocking, and some features the other boards may not have.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

5 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Honestly, if the person isn't planning to overclock and doesn't know much about PCs, I'd go with the Asus board since it has a good BIOS for beginners.

This is a video on the MSI board. From what I gather from the video, the VRM is pretty solid for an ITX board, but it's obviously not for a high overclock.

To quote someone on Tom's hardware;

I think this is a pretty good representation of Asus and how they roll. Flashy lights, good BIOS for overclocking, and some features the other boards may not have.

I think I'll go with either boards that has dual bios it's one safety feature I always look for, or else it's msi

Best Value Build List

I think I'll buy all 4 and do a review of the itx boards. 

And MXK I'm a gigabyte loyalist too, I love their ultra-durable line of boards

Best Value Build List

7 minutes ago, Galion said:

I think I'll buy all 4 and do a review of the itx boards. 

And MXK I'm a gigabyte loyalist too, I love their ultra-durable line of boards

Nvm she wants asus, all the pretty lights

Best Value Build List

1 hour ago, Galion said:

Nvm she wants asus, all the pretty lights

not surprised. Everyone wants Asus, even the stupid people who buy the maximus xi boards.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

17 minutes ago, mxk. said:

not surprised. Everyone wants Asus, even the stupid people who buy the maximus xi boards.

>.< lucky I hate asus, or asus hates me 3 generations of asus gpu died on me including rtx 2080ti

Best Value Build List

1 minute ago, Galion said:

>.< lucky I hate asus, or asus hates me 3 generations of asus gpu died on me including rtx 2080ti

wellll that was also an issue with all the RTX 2080Ti's that had the same PCB as the founders edition card.

The two other cards were bad luck, the 2080Ti was a somewhat common issue.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

wellll that was also an issue with all the RTX 2080Ti's that had the same PCB as the founders edition card.

The two other cards were bad luck, the 2080Ti was a somewhat common issue.

GTX 980ti and gtx 770

Best Value Build List

1 minute ago, Galion said:

GTX 980ti and gtx 770

like I said, you have bad luck

never gamble!

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra