Need help finding replacement motherboard

Hi there. I was given a motherboard, CPU and RAM a few years ago by a friend of mine. The mother board is a Intel DH87MC and the CPU is a I7 3770 (non K).

It worked well for some time but I ran into some problems recently which progressively got worse until the motherboard essentially died. The problems were as follows:

- Random restarts.

- Restart loops.

- Ram not being recognized.

- Blue screens for various problems.

- On board Bios Error LED screen would often show codes for Ram issues but also a good couple codes that Intel hadn't even assigned yet.

- Graphics card issues (GTX 1060 6GB) These were often resolved with a wiggle of the GPU or it would resolve itself eventually.

I did read up on this particular motherboard and found that it essentially gets every problem imaginable and that it was one of the worst motherboards Intel had released because of this. My question though is not about how to fix it, at this point I believe it is a lost cause, it will no longer boot up. I want to know where I can find a replacement, I need a 3rd Gen board with 4 RAM Slots and I wish to know where I could purchase such a thing. I also want to make it clear that I live in South Africa so I am aware that posting on this forum based in Canada may be futile but it is worth the try for me. The I7 3770 works well for me and I cannot afford to upgrade my PC at this point in time. If anyone has any solutions or knows of any international or South African sites/stores that can source older tech then please let me know. 

I am open to suggestions and if anyone has any recommendations for a replacement board then I would love to know.

Also this is like my first real post so forgive me if I have made any mistakes.   

Sadly, the boards you need are no longer made and the ones you can find on sites like E-bay and such generally sell for quite a bit of money because of how in demand they are still in the enthusiast community. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The CPU is a socket 1155 one, so any ATX-sized motherboard with that socket and 4 RAM slots will do.  As for where to source it, I'm not aware of anyone selling new ones.  Your best bet is to get a second-hand one on sites like Ebay. 

EDIT : Hang on ... the motherboard you mentioned is a socket 1150, the CPU is 1155.  Those shouldn't be compatible.  Are you sure about the model numbers in the first post?

23 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

The CPU is a socket 1155 one, so any ATX-sized motherboard with that socket and 4 RAM slots will do.  As for where to source it, I'm not aware of anyone selling new ones.  Your best bet is to get a second-hand one on sites like Ebay. 

EDIT : Hang on ... the motherboard you mentioned is a socket 1150, the CPU is 1155.  Those shouldn't be compatible.  Are you sure about the model numbers in the first post?

I could be wrong about the board, truth is it has ended up in pile of broken motherboards, but you are correct the CPU is 1155, so any board with that socket should do, just hard getting hold of one. 

23 hours ago, Quinten Verhelst said:

Yeah its just not worth the price. Might have to just save up a bit and do an upgrade. I should just bite the bullet to honest.

So I have decided to just save up and upgrade at this point. From what I have researched and read here Im going to end up paying a premium price plus shipping for a board that matches and its just not worth it.

Here's what I'm thinking 

- Intel I5 9600K

- MSI H370 Bazooka

- 8GB HyperX Predator 3200MHz

I have an AIO cooler for the CPU so a cooler isn't an issue. I also realize that it isn't a lot of RAM but that's what I can get at the moment, I will buy another 8GB module later. This system will be fitted with a MSI GTX 1060 6GB Armour OC Edition 

Oh and I guess I should let you know what I use my PC for so you can give me advice if any. I play games like GTA 5, Fallout 4, Skyrim (Heavily modded) and PUBG among others. I also record, produce and mix music using a mixture of Audacity and Fruity Loops and maybe once in a while I edit short videos, nothing too serious. 

If you have any suggestions then please let me know. 

2 hours ago, SirToxicBunny said:

So I have decided to just save up and upgrade at this point. From what I have researched and read here Im going to end up paying a premium price plus shipping for a board that matches and its just not worth it.

Here's what I'm thinking 

- Intel I5 9600K

- MSI H370 Bazooka

- 8GB HyperX Predator 3200MHz

I have an AIO cooler for the CPU so a cooler isn't an issue. I also realize that it isn't a lot of RAM but that's what I can get at the moment, I will buy another 8GB module later. This system will be fitted with a MSI GTX 1060 6GB Armour OC Edition 

Oh and I guess I should let you know what I use my PC for so you can give me advice if any. I play games like GTA 5, Fallout 4, Skyrim (Heavily modded) and PUBG among others. I also record, produce and mix music using a mixture of Audacity and Fruity Loops and maybe once in a while I edit short videos, nothing too serious. 

If you have any suggestions then please let me know. 

You are getting h370 mobo and 9600k. No point to get an overclockable cpu with a non overclockable board, you should either go for z370-390 or buy a cheapper cpu such as 8600, add a bit of cash and get 16 gb of ram (2x8gb).

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

15 hours ago, MaratM said:

You are getting h370 mobo and 9600k. No point to get an overclockable cpu with a non overclockable board, you should either go for z370-390 or buy a cheapper cpu such as 8600, add a bit of cash and get 16 gb of ram (2x8gb).

This is true, didn't even notice that. Thanks.