Radiator

Premilix

Hello. I was thinking about getting the Ekwb a240g water cooling kit, but I don’t know if the 240mm radiator would fit on my case. Where should I put it? It won’t fit near my motherboard. Here is a picture of my PC (Sorry for bad quality)

F60422A4-0F30-4330-9324-88A3DB144BA5.jpeg

Doesnt look like that case supports 240mm radiators judging by the limited view available in the picture. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Doesnt look like that case supports 240mm radiators judging by the limited view available in the picture. 

I measured the top hole and it was around 240mm. But I don’t know if the PSU would block the fans with the radiator

1 minute ago, Premilix said:

I measured the top hole and it was around 240mm. But I don’t know if the PSU would block the fans with the radiator

well you ahve to factor in space for the fittings, the clearance needed for the radiator and fans.. you just dont have the room. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

looking at that i feel there are a lot of other things you should spend money on before watercooling

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

24 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

looking at that i feel there are a lot of other things you should spend money on before watercooling

Thank you for the tip! What would you recommend to upgrade first?

6 minutes ago, Premilix said:

Thank you for the tip! What would you recommend to upgrade first?

depends on what specs you have, the PSU looks scetchy and the GPU looks weak? would need a specs list if i was to make any recomendations

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

depends on what specs you have, the PSU looks scetchy and the GPU looks weak? would need a specs list if i was to make any recomendations

Motherboard: MSI H110M VD-Plus 

RAM: 8GB 2400mhz (unknown brand)

CPU: Intel i5-7600k 

CPU Cooler: Xilence (I don’t know the model)

PSU: Xilence 600W

GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB Blower edition (Bulk)

Storage: 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD

1 minute ago, Premilix said:

Motherboard: MSI H110M VD-Plus 

RAM: 8GB 2400mhz (unknown brand)

CPU: Intel i5-7600k 

CPU Cooler: Xilence (I don’t know the model)

PSU: Xilence 600W

GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB Blower edition (Bulk)

Storage: 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD

That was a lot better then i thought to be honest, i would start with a new PSU. A nice 650W unit probably. The CPU id upgrade to either Ryzen 3 once that comes out or a 9th gen Intel I7. Both of those require a new motherboard too. 

Builds:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

That was a lot better then i thought to be honest, i would start with a new PSU. A nice 650W unit probably. The CPU id upgrade to either Ryzen 3 once that comes out or a 9th gen Intel I7. Both of those require a new motherboard too. 

Thanks a lot!

3 minutes ago, Premilix said:

Thanks a lot!

no problem, good luck with everything :) i would get a new case if you want watercooling too, but thats not a high priority id say

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Why 650w? It's not like OP can overclock the CPU on that motherboard. That system is only going to use 250-300w max. 

Why recommend a 9th Gen i7?  Going to cost over $400 for the CPU, another $150+ for the motherboard...  then there's the CPU cooler he'd need to buy since the 9700k/9900k don't come with stock coolers and op wouldn't be able to reuse the stock cooler currently on the i5 7600k since it probably wouldn't be sufficient to cool it. So OP would need a CPU cooler suitable for the 9th Gen i7, and probably would be looking at AIO since he's already leaning towards liquid cooling... Which means a new case... Oh and that new 650w PSU you recommended as well.

Dude just wanted to know if a 240mm rad fits in his case and you just told him he needs to spend USD$800+ on upgrading without even knowing what OP plans on using the system for.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Why 650w? It's not like OP can overclock the CPU on that motherboard. That system is only going to use 250-300w max. 

Why recommend a 9th Gen i7?  Going to cost over $400 for the CPU, another $150+ for the motherboard...  then there's the CPU cooler he'd need to buy since the 9700k/9900k don't come with stock coolers and op wouldn't be able to reuse the stock cooler currently on the i5 7600k since it probably wouldn't be sufficient to cool it. So OP would need a CPU cooler suitable for the 9th Gen i7, and probably would be looking at AIO since he's already leaning towards liquid cooling... Which means a new case... Oh and that new 650w PSU you recommended as well.

Dude just wanted to know if a 240mm rad fits in his case and you just told him he needs to spend USD$800+ on upgrading without even knowing what OP plans on using the system for.

What case would you recommend? I like the GameMax Infinity one (that Linus used  in his RGB PC video), but I am open to suggestions.

2 minutes ago, Premilix said:

What case would you recommend? I like the GameMax Infinity one (that Linus used  in his RGB PC video), but I am open to suggestions.

To fit a water cooling kit and radiator? I wouldn't bother. If your CPU temperatures are too high you should consider a tower air cooler like a Arctic freezer 33 instead. Should be able to cool a 7600k fairly well and will be much cheaper, and you won't need to buy a new case.

Looks like it was a pre-built system you bought? I'm guessing about 1-2 years ago?

What do you use the computer for? Is it for Gaming?

7600k + GTX 1070 should make a fairly decent gaming rig for 1080p60, maybe even higher resolutions as well... Main things that might let you down a bit though would be the budget motherboard that doesn't allow overclocking and the 8gb single stick of memory.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

To fit a water cooling kit and radiator? I wouldn't bother. If your CPU temperatures are too high you should consider a tower air cooler like a Arctic freezer 33 instead. Should be able to cool a 7600k fairly well and will be much cheaper, and you won't need to buy a new case.

Looks like it was a pre-built system you bought? I'm guessing about 1-2 years ago?

What do you use the computer for? Is it for Gaming?

7600k + GTX 1070 should make a fairly decent gaming rig for 1080p60, maybe even higher resolutions as well... Main things that might let you down a bit though would be the budget motherboard that doesn't allow overclocking and the 8gb single stick of memory.

Yes, my system was pre-built last year. But the main reason I want to get water cooling is because I want to cool both my CPU and GPU (Especially GPU because it gets up to 85C). And I play on 1080p 144Hz.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Geez what's with the tone... 650W because he seemed interested in upgrading. A PSU is something you can carry with you for 10 years if you buy something decent. Buying into a 500W is much more likely to end up as wasted cash.

9th gen I7 if they want to buy now OR if he wants to wait Ryzen 3. The 7700K feels to me as a massive waste on a H110 board. 

You don't need water for 9th gen anyway, you are fine on a decent air tower and spending €150 or whatever those also dead end EK kits are on an I5 on a locked board is a waste of money. 

Never said that they NEED to be spending money, just trying to help them not waste it. 

Builds:

Spoiler

On 2/4/2019 at 5:03 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

It is.  That's a Xilence Red Wings 600W.  230V only, DF, group regulated with only 480W on the +12V.  It needs to go into the garbage bin.