Is my PSU the cause of my lag?

GAMINGGUY

I’ve tried virtually everything to fix my stuttering and low FPS drops in games, nothing helps. I mainly play fortnite which on max settings is usually around 80 FPS, but frequently drops to 50. My specs are as follows. Gtx 1080 turbo, i7 6700k 32gb DDR4 3000mhz Gskill ram. But I’m worried my psu which is an atng 1000 watt 80 plus gold is the problem. Everyone says that brand is very edgy. Could this be the problem?

Your PSU is never a source of lag. What monitor do you use?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

you gotta monitor your shit, cpu usage, ram usage, swap usage, gpu usage, disk usage so that you can find where that hiccup is coming from, its not rocket science.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 hours ago, Levent said:

you gotta monitor your shit, cpu usage, ram usage, swap usage, gpu usage, disk usage so that you can find where that hiccup is coming from, its not rocket science.

Oh sorry, cpu is usually around 45% gpu 60% ram 25% disk 30%

10 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Your PSU is never a source of lag. What monitor do you use?

It’s an lg 32 inch ultra wide. 1080p 21:9 @ 75 hz 

4 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Oh sorry, cpu is usually around 45% gpu 60% ram 25% disk 30%

its not what I mean, you gotta monitor it while gaming and (preferably) log it, that will show you what caused that lag at that moment. (follow this tutorial)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

its not what I mean, you gotta monitor it while gaming and (preferrably) log it, that will show you what caused that lag at that moment. (follow this tutorial)

Oh ok I will do this in the morning. Thank you for your help :)

40 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Is my PSU the cause of my lag?

No.

7 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.

Ok well can you help me find out what is

5 hours ago, GAMINGGUY said:

But I’m worried my psu which is an atng 1000 watt 80 plus gold is the problem. Everyone says that brand is very edgy. Could this be the problem?

They have no idea what the frick they're talking about.

Lag is rarely a PSU issue, its either a Drive, Settings or other SOFTWARE Issue. Ie its totally normal at that point for the Software you're using.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

They have no idea what the frick they're talking about.

Lag is rarely a PSU issue, its either a Drive, Settings or other SOFTWARE Issue. Ie its totally normal at that point for the Software you're using.

Are you say fortnite lags for everyone? If not PLEASE tell me everything that could ever possibly cause this please and thank you.

There are a couple of problems that could be happening to you, however most likely the power supply would not be affecting your FPS directly in this way.

Could you please make sure that your video cable is plugged into your 1080 Turbo? (I know it's a simple mistake, but it happens to the best of us.)

Another problem could be that you may have forgotten to install the drivers for your card. If you haven't already done so, please click on this link to download the latest version of GeForce Experience. Once you have done that, be sure to install the newest drivers.

2 hours ago, NPDPdev said:

There are a couple of problems that could be happening to you, however most likely the power supply would not be affecting your FPS directly in this way.

Could you please make sure that your video cable is plugged into your 1080 Turbo? (I know it's a simple mistake, but it happens to the best of us.)

Another problem could be that you may have forgotten to install the drivers for your card. If you haven't already done so, please click on this link to download the latest version of GeForce Experience. Once you have done that, be sure to install the newest drivers.

The HDMI cable is plugged directly into the GPU and is not using integrated graphics. And yes, I do have the latest Nvidia Drivers installed.

1 hour ago, GAMINGGUY said:

The HDMI cable is plugged directly into the GPU and is not using integrated graphics. And yes, I do have the latest Nvidia Drivers installed.

stupid idea, but unreal had their problems the last while. try to go windowed, does that help?

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

stupid idea, but unreal had their problems the last while. try to go windowed, does that help?

No it doesn’t