how much coolant or water do I need?

I know that this is properly some where on this sight but I did not find the answer to my questions. I am going to be water cooling my system (2 660's and one i5 3570K) I am still quite new to water cooling only using pre done systems so any advice would be helpful. I will be using 2 dual 120mm rads. I quite like looks of coolant over deionised water and coloured tubing. Is their any brands that I should stay away of for coolant or parts and is their some way to figure out how much fluid I need to bye.  If any one has some tips for a first time custom water cooler that would be helpful thanks. 

P.S does any one have a pump recommendation as I have no idea what to get

Use whatever pump Linus has I don't know what it is though :D And just put enough coolant in to fill the reservoir up like 3/4 or almost full.

Use whatever pump Linus has I don't know what it is though :D And just put enough coolant in to fill the reservoir up like 3/4 or almost full.

ok thanks for the help

Usually about 1 and 1/2 to 2 liters fill a loop, if you want to guarantee and be ready for topping it up after a while, it won't hurt to buy 3L of coolant.

Just make sure it's a good one! People Generally recommend using distilled water with the add-ons and colored tubing instead of a coolant that has Dye in it.

BUT! If you wish for a colored loop, look for things like Mayhems Pastel, it's one of the best around!

@CPUmodder

That is the Laing D5 model, also known as MCP655 and a lot more of variations (Prefer the one with variable speed, the MCP655 B won't have that manual control of the variable speed of the pump Edited by Inimigor

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

The MCP655 is a great pump. I've had one running in multiple custom loops for several years now and it still runs without a hiccup.

BUT! If you wish for a colored loop, look for things like Mayhems aurora, it's one of the best around! 

mayhems aurora is a great effect, but is not suggested by mayhems for a 24/7 coolant.

due to the particles will fall out of the coolant and settle.

Mayhem's Aurora Wiki and Guide

Aurora is "NOT" made for use in a home system. It has been developed for show System's (modding) and Photo work. If looking for a fluid for a Home system / Gaming system please use Mayhems X1 or Mayhems Pastel range of fluids there are fully tested and working in any kind of loop.

pump, any D5 laing  (laing is the manufacturer) brand or variant.  they are incredibly reliable pumps, something like 0.04% RMA rate.

coolant, feser one, any koolance coolant, ice dragon, hydrx, mayhems pastels.  theres lots of good coolants.  and for your loop youll only need about 1 liter, but that depends on how much and how big your tubing will be and exactly how big you reservoir will be.

mayhems aurora is a great effect, but is not suggested by mayhems for a 24/7 coolant.

due to the particles will fall out of the coolant and settle.

Sorry i meant Mayhems Pastel  :D

Maybe it's because i had just seen a video with it and it was still in my mind at the time, sorry for the mistyping.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |