Looking to build a dual boot OSX/Win10 build. Need advice (roast me)

TheMorningOwl

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and starting my first journey in building a dual boot Hackintosh OSX / Win10.
I'm looking for you guys to pretty much roast my build and tell me where I'm being dumb. 
I am a designer/gamer trying to learn and I would love constructive feedback and criticism!

The goal of this build.

• Dual boot (Hackingtosh / Win10) - OSX for work & Win10 for gaming
  • Powerful enough to run modern games on a 27” 1440P 144hz monitor. On high settings without dropping too much below 60fps..
  • 1300 to 1500$ budget

What are the problems (apart from the budget ^^)

• I’m not an expert builder, and this will be my first Hackintosh.
  • Nvidia drivers to get an Nvidia card. I read that If I where to get an Nvidia card I would need to stick High Sierra for the moment. I’m a little scared to not be future proof in choosing an Nvidia card (even though it’s appealing performance wise). Are the Vega 56 or RX590 powerful enough to reach my goals?

To the build! 
Quick note, no worries about storage, and the case. I have those in stock.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-9600K (3.7 GHz / 4.6 GHz) (Bulk) 6-Core
I’m looking for something powerful enough to run some light after effect and 3D renders but nothing huge. I don’t think that I need an I7 but I may be wrong. Also, any good reason not to overclock?

COOLER:
NZXT Kraken X52
I love the idea of a good water cooling solution since I’m planning on some light overclocking. But it may not be worth it? Maybe some active ventritad by Noctua may be smarter?

RAM:
Ballistix Sport 16 Go (2x8)
I think 16Go is a good amount, and I heard that these were well supported for OSX so yeah.. nothing much to say about those but maybe there is something smarter to get?

GPU:
Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC 8G
On to the biggest choice... This card seems to be compatible with OSX, but is it powerful enough for 144hz 1440P gaming..? Am I doing something wrong here?

Motherboard:
ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING
Or ASUS PRIME Z390-P
Not sure if I’m making a mistake here or not. This seems like a decent compatible motherboard with the right chipset, 2 M.2 slots for my dual boot configuration… can I overclock safely on this board? Is there a better choice out there?

SSD: 
(x2) Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go
It seems like these are pretty reliable... One for OSX one for Win10. 
Is there a better choice out there that you guys can recommend?

For the case etc. I’ll figure it out 

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Cheers for France.

I think you would be better off going over to the Tonymac86 forums. They are specifically tailored to Hackintosh machines.

The NVIDIA driver will be your biggest hurdle because you are right, as of now the NVIDIA drivers dont work with Mojave. I have no experience with AMD's offerings but they are not new so that will be part of your problem.

2 hours ago, TheMorningOwl said:

Thanks though!

No problem. When I built my Hackintosh I only bought off their guide to ensure compatibility