Looking For a Wheel (& Possibly a Pedal Kit)

jiyeon

Hi, so recently I've gotten into games that are best played with wheels, such as Project Cars 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2.I've been searching for some wheels but haven't really got a solid choice due to my little knowledge on wheels and what kind of controls they are capable of.

I'm looking for an all-rounder wheel and the possibility of a pedal kit so I can play driving games a lot more immersively.

My criteria for what I am searching for:

• Paddle shifters
  • Ideally for Xbox One + PC
  • Pedals with gas + brake (Clutch pedal isn't needed, I don't think)
  • Budget of £200

So far, the best contender is the Logitech G920, since it fits all the criteria, despite that price hitting the ceiling of my budget.

Do you guys have any suggestions for wheels? I don't have time to game an awful lot nowadays so I'm not sure if a £200 investment into a wheel would be worth my time.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

At that price range the g920 is the best option. I have the g29 which is basically the same thing with ps3/4 and pc support but no xbox one support. If you really need the xbox one compatibility get the g920, if not get the g29 cause it has more buttons that you can freely map on the pc. They both have clutch pedals but ofc you can just ignore it if you want. Logitech sells a stick shifter for about 60$ aswell if you're going for realism, but the paddles work good and they are metal so they won't break as easily as plastic paddles.

4 hours ago, AugOwnz said:

At that price range the g920 is the best option. I have the g29 which is basically the same thing with ps3/4 and pc support but no xbox one support. If you really need the xbox one compatibility get the g920, if not get the g29 cause it has more buttons that you can freely map on the pc. They both have clutch pedals but ofc you can just ignore it if you want. Logitech sells a stick shifter for about 60$ aswell if you're going for realism, but the paddles work good and they are metal so they won't break as easily as plastic paddles.

I don't necessarily need Xbox One support, it's just that from my experience, PC games tend to skimp on optimision for PS4 gamepads. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a prime example of my PS4 controller having no calibration for the gas and brake (L1 + R1), there would only ever be 0% or 100% gas and brake, compared to the Xbox One controller where I was able to control how much gas I applied, if that makes sense.

The shifter stick is also a consideration, but most of the time if I'm playing a racing game, I'm in a paddle shifter car, I prefer that semi-automatic life. That being said, the shifter is currently £30 on Amazon, so it's not too much of a deeper investment.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Both the g29 and the g920 work well with Euro Truck simulator 2, I've never had a problem with compatibility with a game. Both wheels are meant for the pc aswell.

You really can't go wrong with the Logitech wheel, honestly. I just got it for one of my friends for Christmas and he loves it, no problems with it so far either. If you keep an eye out you might be able to find it on sale, too.

The G29 (and therefore the g920) wheels are wonderful. (PS4 version vs xBox version) That's what I bought to play F1 2017. You really can't go wrong with that wheel. And you're right, everything else decent is like $500. 

EDIT: You will want to get some grippy rubber feet for the pedals if you are on a wooden or tile floor.