audio sync issues

McHox

hey there, i'm running a 3 week old install of windows 10 and have been experiencing some bad audio sync issues in videos, especially on youtube.
the audio gets a few seconds ahead of the video after just a minute or two and has been quite annoying. happens in chrome, opera and edge
i "fixed" this yesterday by removing every audio device in the device manager and rebooting, though it's back today.
has anyone got a permanent fix for this or experienced something similar?

note: i've changed cpu/mainboard/ram since installing win10, hasnt happened before. 
9900k, maximus xi hero, 32gb ram, rest of the signature still up to date, dxdiag included
just checking here first before i nuke it again and start over downloading everything(got slow internet so its a pain, i'd rather not)

DxDiag.txt

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Reinstall both - audio and sound drivers. Maybe even chipset drivers. It's for sure drivers problem, no reinstall system required.

If you want to clean some old, inactive drivers, you can use (carefully) Ghostbuster tool.

Im suddenly having this issue too on 10 with a schiit uber2 (users MS audio drivers). I didnt have this a few months ago..

Its not happening when I use ubuntu though... Let us know how you fixed it.

Ive tried audio drivers, high performance profile, roll back AMD gpu drivers.. uninstalled equalizer APO..   no dice so far.

Im gonna try some more stuff this weekend.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:24 PM, homeap5 said:

Reinstall both - audio and sound drivers. Maybe even chipset drivers. It's for sure drivers problem, no reinstall system required.

If you want to clean some old, inactive drivers, you can use (carefully) Ghostbuster tool.

did that yesterday, was fine for the rest of the day
issue is back today though ._.
so far every "fix" is only temporary until i reboot again

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

@homeap5
@datboi8192
i went through everything i could think of and found the problem/solution.
in the properties of the output devices, under advanced, the format was set to 2 channel 24 bit 48000hz instead of the default 16bit, changing that back to 16 bit got rid of the issue.
the weird thing is that i never touched that, and i can't think of anything that would change those settings

Damn im using 24bit too.

Im about to try going from 1709 to 1809 to see what happens

44100 16bit is all you need.

And about restart and problems - you may try to disable automatic drivers updates in Windows.

welp nevermind, its back

4 minutes ago, McHox said:

welp nevermind, its back

Do you disabled automatic drivers update?

7 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Do you disabled automatic drivers update?

yup

On 2/3/2019 at 4:11 PM, McHox said:

welp nevermind, its back

Hey FYI... I (reluctantly) went from 1709 to 1809 and its been good for days. I can watch all my steams now for hours with no probs so far.

Before the upgrade my device was set to 16bit 44100... and after the upgrade to 1809 it set itself to 32bit 48000. Everything seems synced up now so im not touching it ?

Looks like I will be enjoying my 192 db of range when I listen to my theoretical speakers playing a symphony with crickets farting in the background; followed by high pressure shockwaves, ripping my face off.