Gigabyte Broke Board- Help to get them to fix it.

I had sent back my Gigabyte GA-ab350-Gaming3 to Gigabyte under warranty, as the board became unstable.  
I just received an email from Gigabyte saying it wasn't covered under warranty, because the board is now "physically damaged".

I asked them how it was damaged, and they sent me a picture of the board showing a small spot where 1/2doz capacitors have been knocked off the board, but are STILL THERE in the picture, placed into a nice small pile.. 

My point is, if I caused the damage, the caps would've been long lost by the time i boxed and packaged up the board, and then it shipped via ups ground from Maryland to California.  Yet there were able to find all of them in a nice pile on the board...

I think someone there damaged it and are trying to rip me off.. Can anyone help me?

Here the pic they sent me:

1147513580_GigabyteTechBrokeMyboard.thumb.jpg.2f96ec24d793d17ccc74717cf0a9bb61.jpg

It's possible they were damaged in shipping, did you have it packaged properly?

Their warranty/rma terms state that if it's damaged in shipping, they aren't liable for damages caused. You can attempt to take it to the shipper, but they're going to request evidence that the package was mishandled.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

how did the resisters get off ? now stuck in the place in picture?

need to solder them back

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

how did the resisters get off ? now stuck in the place in picture?

need to solder them back

Thats my point.. Thats the picture Gigabyte sent me... They weren't all knocked off like that when i shipped the board out..  They did it there, but now they are saying "its not covered under warranty" because of the physical damage... But... They Caused it..

11 minutes ago, JamesTheGreat said:

I had sent back my Gigabyte GA-ab350-Gaming3 to Gigabyte under warranty, as the board became unstable.  
I just received an email from Gigabyte saying it wasn't covered under warranty, because the board is now "physically damaged".

I asked them how it was damaged, and they sent me a picture of the board showing a small spot where 1/2doz capacitors have been knocked off the board, but are STILL THERE in the picture, placed into a nice small pile.. 

My point is, if I caused the damage, the caps would've been long lost by the time i boxed and packaged up the board, and then it shipped via ups ground from Maryland to California.  Yet there were able to find all of them in a nice pile on the board...

I think someone there damaged it and are trying to rip me off.. Can anyone help me?

Here the pic they sent me:

1147513580_GigabyteTechBrokeMyboard.thumb.jpg.2f96ec24d793d17ccc74717cf0a9bb61.jpg

Assuming that's the only damage, it's not that hard to fix as long as you have all the capacitors. All you need are some tweezers, a soldering iron, some flux, and maybe some solder. Maybe a picture of that area on another board just to make sure you put the right ones in the right spots if they're different at all.

As for making them fix it, I don't think there's much you can do unless you have proof that it wasn't damaged before shipment. Shitty situation, I know, but that's how life is.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

Assuming that's the only damage, it's not that hard to fix as long as you have all the capacitors. All you need are some tweezers, a soldering iron, some flux, and maybe some solder. Maybe a picture of that area on another board just to make sure you put the right ones in the right spots if they're different at all.

As for making them fix it, I don't think there's much you can do unless you have proof that it wasn't damaged before shipment. Shitty situation, I know, but that's how life is.

Well, At this point, they still have the board.... Its my understanding that gigabyte won't ship it back to me broken, unless I want to spend another $30 for return shipping and considering I already paid $30 for shipping it to them for the RMA, just to not have the initial problem fixed, then have them damage something else, isn't really ideal in any way shape or form.  
If it was just some caps that were knocked off, I would've never shipped it to them in the 1st place, and would've just soldered them on myself.  But they weren't off when it left my possession.  
I sent it out, because the board was getting more and more unstable, then finally one day crashed and wouldn't turn back on at all.

This is an unfortunate he said/she said situation. If they are denying fault you could try to take it up with the shipping company but as was said above, without proof of the box being damaged in shipping or similar evidence they are unlikely to help. I would say your best bet will be to escalate it up the chain at Gigabyte with their customer service department. Explain yourself in a  very calm fashion and explain your position and if you don't get an answer you like continue to ask for someone higher up, eventually you will probably get a solution you want