Ryzen 2700x cooler upgrade

NathanielCE
Go to solution Solved by DezGalbie,

I love the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition. Compatible with AM4, good price, and fantastic performance. Plus I think it looks pretty nice.

I have the Ryzen 2700x, and have been using the stock prism cooler. The fan is is annoying, and i'm not quite getting the temps I would like. What would be a good cooler to upgrade to? I'm looking for one that's 60 to 100 dollars. I would like to try AIO liquid cooling, but I understand if that's not a option at this price-point. It would be best if its Am4 compatible out of the box. Oh, and I cant stand those ugly Noctua coolers, so preferably another brand. Thanks!

Specs (for possible clearance issues):

Ryzen 7 2700x

Msi X-470 gaming plus motherboard

Ripjaws V 16gb RAM

Silverstone RL06 mid tower case

I love the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition. Compatible with AM4, good price, and fantastic performance. Plus I think it looks pretty nice.

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

20 hours ago, DezGalbie said:

Thanks! I did some research and I think that this is the one that Im going to get.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:31 AM, DezGalbie said:

I love the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition. Compatible with AM4, good price, and fantastic performance. 

What's about the noise? Been Arctic's brand fan for a long time, but I heard that the Bionix fan they used is quite noisy?

5 minutes ago, Shch00r said:

What's about the noise? Been Arctic's brand fan for a long time, but I heard that the Bionix fan they used is quite noisy?

I don't hear it over my cooler master case fan, but maybe if someone had some top notch case fans like noctuas they might hear it, I dunno.

2 hours ago, Shch00r said:

It spins up to 1800rpm. Its noisy if you run it at high speeds just like every other fan out there.