Opera downloading html instead of loading

Jevnaker

Hello has anyone else on here that uses opera browser as their main browser had issues with instead of opening a webpage when you click a link or button opera downloads an html file copy of the webpage you were trying to get to? for example press the play next button on youtube has lead to me having over 20 html files called watch(x).html and that is just from youtube. it is always on the first press. for example i press the link once and opera downloads an html file of where i tried to go. a second time it usually goes to the webpage, but sometimes it downloads the html file again and it isn't till i click on the link a third time that i actually get to the webpage. i have tried to google it but unlike the other times this started happening i can't find any of the websites where the issue was discussed and fixed they have all vanished or something. or i am just using the wrong wording for this issue but it is still weird that i can't find them again when i know they exist. any help is appreciated.

well @duncannah i don't use any opera extensions that i know off. but i will check if i have any, but still it is weird that this is a problem that comes and goes. i checked and i have adblock, but i have had the issue before i had adblock.

Edited by Jevnaker

1 minute ago, Danioki said:

sound like a virus :(

well @Danioki聽that sounds strange because it is an issue i have had come and go with opera on several pc's through the years withouth any viruses being found on the computers.

2 hours ago, Jevnaker said:

well @Danioki聽that sounds strange because it is an issue i have had come and go with opera on several pc's through the years withouth any viruses being found on the computers.

oh, in that case maybe opera sucks. i have never used it :(

59 minutes ago, Danioki said:

oh, in that case maybe opera sucks. i have never used it :(

@Danioki聽except this issue appearing now and again i am pretty happy with opera actually.