The Backup Failed. 0x807800A1

Spr0ut

Hey Kids,

I just picked up a new PC.

I have tried to outfit it with an SSD to smooth out boot and all the other known benefits, however I have been getting much more trouble than I ever expected.

I keep getting errors while I try to create a disk image. 0x807800A1, you are my nemesis! I have done all the normal steps needed for an image and i always end up here. I have looked up the errors and have tried the following:

1. Deactivate the antivirus (norton, preinstalled) have since uninstalled.

2. Deactivate the firewall ( windows default)

3. Check the volume shadow copy service (it is running, it is set to automatic, and the services it depends on are also running)

4. Cry

5. Use 3rd party service to migrate OS onto a new drive (generic errors that make me feel I am being forced to buy the premium version)

6. Fresh install of windows (random volume error I failed to copy down)

Does anyone have any ideas?

PS: Its my first day here and my first post, be gentle.

fk u.png

If fresh insall gives you error, you have problem with hardware.

But - if you want to move your system, don't trust VSS service so much. Prepare some usb bootable cloner (for example - Macrium Reflect rescue USB that may be create after you install Macrium Reflect), then boot your system from USB, then clone your system.

BUT - since fresh install gives you errors, the best way is to use second computer to clone your OS and fix hardware problems on your main computer.