Cannot change my preferred GPU in Graphics Settings

LucasGI

I installed an RTX 1070 with my GTX 1070 in my windows pc. I wanted to see if it were possible to use Window's Graphics settings to define what GPU to use for my apps. For some reason when I try to define what GPU to use for an app it just gives me my RTX 2070 as an option for both performance and power saving. Is there any way I can fix this or does this only work when Windows has integrated graphics as an option?

Yeah, it only works for switching between iGPU and a dedicated card.

What reason would you have to keep the old 1070 in your system anyway?

3 minutes ago, snowfox99 said:

Yeah, it only works for switching between iGPU and a dedicated card.

What reason would you have to keep the old 1070 in your system anyway?

Thanks. I wanted to see if it were possible to load some 3D rendering onto the 1070 so I can have multiple applications rendering without a graphical performance hit. For example, running Unreal Engine on the 2070 and Maya or Houdini on the 1070 with a total of 16gb of VRAM.

1 minute ago, LucasGI said:

Thanks. I wanted to see if it were possible to load some 3D rendering onto the 1070 so I can have multiple applications rendering without a graphical performance hit. For example, running Unreal Engine on the 2070 and Maya or Houdini on the 1070 with a total of 16gb of VRAM.

Do any of those programs have their own ability to set which GPU they use?

Have you tried plugging the monitor you'll be using for games into the GPU you'd like to be used for games, and setting that display as the primary one?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace