Client management, deployment, provisioning

2click

Hi guys,

There was a sponsor in a video of LTT who sells a software to bare metal provision workstations with windows. I can't figure out in which video exactly it was and I also checked the list of sponsors on this forum. Can somebody help me? I looked into to software when the video was published and I kinda liked it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Can you precise what the software does ? The post title and that part : "bare metal provision workstations with windows" seems like 2 unrelated things

Sure: You would install the software on a server and it acts as PXE server. You can add Mac addresses of your known workstations in the management console and could mark them e.g. for reinstallation. On the next pxe Boot of the client it will reinstall windows. You could manage software and windows configuration through the software as well. Remotely installing software and joining a active directory domain would be so great. 

I know that there is a lot of software out there which does what I want, but I am searching specifically for the one which has been promoted by linus, since I really liked the offered features and pricing.

13 hours ago, 2click said:

I know that there is a lot of software out there which does what I want, but I am searching specifically for the one which has been promoted by linus, since I really liked the offered features and pricing.

Do you happen to know how long ago this was? All current LMG sponsors are listed at

Of current ones, Pulseway is closest to what you describe.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

what you are describing sounds a lot like foreman or cobbler, not sure if that's what you are talking about.

ubuntu also has a software for that called MAAS.

all of this is *nix world not sure if they work with windows. but im sure windows server has a provisioning system.