Best and biggest TV for Less then 1K

ELSknutson

I just bought a new house and am in search of a new TV to fill my living room my dated 55in 1080 Vizio Smart TV  Is heavy and looks small in the space. So I am in search of a quality smart TV that is larger then 55in  also I would like it to sound half way decent as well.   my budget is a $1000.00 USD  Max  for the TV and maybe a few hundred for a decent sound solution.   The room its in is the great room that is 18ftx20ft 

ISq1ycabbjdabm0000000000.jpg

3 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

I just bought a new house and am in search of a new TV to fill my living room my dated 55in 1080 Vizio Smart TV  Is heavy and looks small in the space. So I am in search of a quality smart TV that is larger then 55in  also I would like it to sound half way decent as well.   my budget is a $1000.00 USD  Max  for the TV and maybe a few hundred for a decent sound solution.   The room its in is the great room that is 18ftx20ft 

ISq1ycabbjdabm0000000000.jpg

Why not get a projector and a 102" screen for it? would be much cheaper

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Why not get a projector and a 102" screen for it? would be much cheaper

because i don want to see an ugly projector sticking out of my ceiling or on my floor  this is going in my living room and I would like it to look fairly clean.  

Just now, ELSknutson said:

because i don want to see an ugly projector sticking out of my ceiling or on my floor  this is going in my living room and I would like it to look fairly clean.  

Ah okay. does it need to be 4k or is 1080p fine?

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

Ah okay. does it need to be 4k or is 1080p fine?

I prefer the tv to be nicer then bigger  but I would like as much of both as possible 

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

I prefer the tv to be nicer then bigger  but I would like as much of both as possible 

im on amazon rn ill have a look. for the audio solution are seperate speakers fine or would you like a soundbar?

2 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

found this for the tv - it also leaves a larger budget for the audio solution

TCL 65S517 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

im on amazon rn ill have a look. for the audio solution are seperate speakers fine or would you like a soundbar?

I would prefigure separate speakers 

Just now, ELSknutson said:

yamaha have a home theater in a box for 400 dollars - so overall you would be spending just under 1200 dollars for the tv and speakers, and the receiver.

Yamaha YHT-4930UBL 5.1-Channel Home Theater in a Box System with Bluetooth

you would run an optical to the receiver which would then power the speakers, aswell as decode the audio

11 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

6 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

yamaha have a home theater in a box for 400 dollars - so overall you would be spending just under 1200 dollars for the tv and speakers, and the receiver.

Yamaha YHT-4930UBL 5.1-Channel Home Theater in a Box System with Bluetooth

you would run an optical to the receiver which would then power the speakers, aswell as decode the audio

well running hdmi ARC to it would be alot better as it isnt compressed ;/

If you're looking at the TCL route, look into the 6 series. You can still catch them on sale right now. ~$740 for 65". As for a sound system. Please don't buy a "home theater in a box" I don't care who owns them or what they say about them, they are absolute trash. You're better off buying a $200 receiver, and a pair of bookshelves and a center channel that are proper speakers for around the same cost. MUCH better experience overall. There's a reason they cost so little and seem to "get soooooo much!! GOOD DEAL!!!". No, it's not. Sound is just as important to the experience as the video. Plus with that size room, the "in a box" solution, will have you running wires all over the place for the rears, and honestly not giving you much out of them. 

15 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

If you're looking at the TCL route, look into the 6 series. You can still catch them on sale right now. ~$740 for 65". As for a sound system. Please don't buy a "home theater in a box" I don't care who owns them or what they say about them, they are absolute trash. You're better off buying a $200 receiver, and a pair of bookshelves and a center channel that are proper speakers for around the same cost. MUCH better experience overall. There's a reason they cost so little and seem to "get soooooo much!! GOOD DEAL!!!". No, it's not. Sound is just as important to the experience as the video. Plus with that size room, the "in a box" solution, will have you running wires all over the place for the rears, and honestly not giving you much out of them. 

I did some digging my self and found these 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-75-class-led-uk6190-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6290163.p?skuId=6290163&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=462&ds_rl=1260573&ds_rl=1266837&ds_rl=1268709&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=CjwKCAiAs8XiBRAGEiwAFyQ-eg9v9Re0J6aB68tAcfK0CJkEU6oE-1sJXdNRurRmfJpDOkCGHFSqvBoC1qAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-70-class-led-e-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6259880.p?skuId=6259880

Those both are very basic 4k TVs. The vizio is their lowest end 4k. Not worth the $ at all. The LG is again the lowest 4k model but the size makes up for the price I guess. However that being said it’s still an entry level 4k panel. I’d still go with a smaller 65” tv that’s better. But if you want size, which I wouldn’t focus on, then the LG out of the two with the Vizio.